• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hear, Hear, Hear : Lend me your Ear

Athlai

Not Terrible
Its impossible isn't it! ISNT IT! :wallbash:

Probably the funnest player to watch though. How the crowd celebrates every ball he doesn't get out by...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Its impossible isn't it! ISNT IT! :wallbash:

Probably the funnest player to watch though. How the crowd celebrates every ball he doesn't get out by...
Didn't we already prove that Chris Martin is the greatest batsmen ever or something?

EDIT: Nah, we were to prove that he was worth the title of "master blaster".

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Didn't we already prove that Chris Martin is the greatest batsmen ever or something?

EDIT: Nah, we were to prove that he was worth the title of "master blaster".
And apparently SJS lost it when his PC conked off.

Just went on a radical search, would be a very interesting read.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
And apparently SJS lost it when his PC conked off.

Just went on a radical search, would be a very interesting read.
I am sorry folks. I have been promising to write it all over again but something or the other has kept me from it. I promise to do it soon.

Watch this space :)

PS : The problem is I have no idea what SOLID principal my argument was based on that time. With a 'fantastic' record as Martin has as a batsman, its a bit difficult to take out the one BEST argument, right ?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No downer on SJS but this sort of thing is a big waste of time IMO. Not really that funny and often just used to take the piss.

adharcric

International Coach
Highly doubt it's been a big waste of time considering it's spanned 24 pages. Not a huge fan myself, though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Has spanned 9 for me, TBH. Point I was making was that the only thing that's come out of it is taking the piss out of stats by digging-out complete and utter ridiculous-extreme things. And I hate that, ITBT.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite entertaining I feel, I don't think too many people would take this seriously.

Son Of Coco

Has spanned 9 for me, TBH. Point I was making was that the only thing that's come out of it is taking the piss out of stats by digging-out complete and utter ridiculous-extreme things. And I hate that, ITBT.
Wow, so you noticed!? Of course, it was all meant to be totally serious. What's the difference between ridiculous/extreme stats and ridiculous/extreme ideas? Apart from the point that we're not at all serious...:dry:

Sit back, relax, and try to have a laugh occasionally. If you're looking for your sense of humour, I suggest looking behind you :happy:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wow, so you noticed!? Of course, it was all meant to be totally serious. What's the difference between ridiculous/extreme stats and ridiculous/extreme ideas? Apart from the point that we're not at all serious...:dry:
That's what I don't like - it's deliberate ridiculous extremities to try and make something someone genuinely might argue look ridiculous when in fact it is not.
Sit back, relax, and try to have a laugh occasionally. If you're looking for your sense of humour, I suggest looking behind you :happy:
Humour directed in the wrong direction is best done without IMO.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Richard said:
That's what I don't like - it's deliberate ridiculous extremities to try and make something someone genuinely might argue look ridiculous when in fact it is not.
Where have they been anything other than ridiculous comparisons?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well... that was kinda what I just said, no? The stuff dug-up in this thread has tended to be deliberately ridiculous, and sometimes to make genuine beliefs look stupid when they aren't.

Kev's comment at the top of this page (given 40ppp) is one such example.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Well... that was kinda what I just said, no? The stuff dug-up in this thread has tended to be deliberately ridiculous, and sometimes to make genuine beliefs look stupid when they aren't.

Kev's comment at the top of this page (given 40ppp) is one such example.
My comment you refer to in this thread was sarcastic and this thread was a just medium for me to express my frustrations with your stance and the way you defended it in the Hayden vs Hussain thread (ie repetition of the same points as shown by your 148 posts in the thread and the inability to move on from a subject).

Separate from the above comment, I actually think this topic shows a lot of creativity and imagination. One of the better threads I have seen as it is involves flair, a sense of fun, is very creative and challenges the poster.

Also it is refreshing compared to the thousands of similar and rehashed topics that populate cricket chat.

God forbid 1 topic that actually requires vision and imagination exists.

As already stated, a tongue in cheek thread like this is more interesting than wacky thoughts on cricket as both are different but one doesnt take itself with much seriousness.

Richard, you are a person that some people think is unfairly and overly criticised (which I dont agree with as I think the volume you post and the 'unusualness' of some opinions voiced is bound to bring a certain level of disagreement) so I find it strange that you decide to come out and randomly have a go at a well supported and interesting thread.

If everyone acted in the same way then virtually every thread would descend into arguments and defending their existence. Most of the threads on CC are not to my interest or liking but that doesn't mean I (or any one else) go into them and state what I (they) think of them.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Humour directed in the wrong direction is best done without IMO.
I don't think you're a good judge of humourous direction Richard.

But enough of this...let's make love...not war. :sleep: