Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Natural talent vs hard work

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by aliG
    because he isn't consistent. dont be silly asking such moronic questions. stick to the point. he is definately a natural talent. lara and everyone else up top got there because they work hard.
    lara and tendulkar all have natural talent, that's how theyve remained in their respective teams. what sjs asked was in no way silly or moronic. surely one who has a lot of natural talent would be relatively consistent
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Rahul Dravid looks like a guy what natural talent and hard work have done.

Any player who has oddles of natural talent and doesn't take advantage of it is really criminal.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    lara and tendulkar all have natural talent, that's how theyve remained in their respective teams. what sjs asked was in no way silly or moronic. surely one who has a lot of natural talent would be relatively consistent
    thats ridiculous, mark ramprakash and graeme hick have more talent than most players in the world today. and where are they exactly?
    to say something like if X is so talented, why isnt he playing currently is a futile argument, because as i've said about 1 million times talent does not equal to performance.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco
    but then again, you'd have to be presuming he can play every shot in the book due to natural talent and not because he worked hard in the first place...
    then you'd be saying that virtually every player who plays cricket at any level worked hard.
    because every player did work extensively on his strokes and on his technique

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey
    'Sachin Tendulkar - Most overrated player EVER!!!'

Either you forgot you think he's overrated, or you don't think he made the most of his talent.
    as i said earlier, talent does not equal performance. for me tendulkar has performed far far below the talent he has.

To make it as a cricketer you need both hard work and talent, why the debate?
    Proud Member of the Melbourne Demons ,'97,'98,'99,'05-'13
    Supporter of Melbourne Demons FC, Aston Villa FC, and the Flyers

"This tournament is a joke. Grass is for cows, I'm never coming back." - Marat Safin

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    then you'd be saying that virtually every player who plays cricket at any level worked hard.
    because every player did work extensively on his strokes and on his technique
    Then i guess you'd have to define 'working hard'...are you saying that every player spends 6-8 hours a day doing gym work, training, etc etc and the only thing that separates them is their natural talent? In this instance working hard refers to spending hours a day training + extra time spent working on areas you think might need attention, not turning up to training two days a week for 2 or so hours - so you wouldn't be saying every player that plays at any level works hard.
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

"There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

"**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

Cricket Spectator
    i should probably define what i meant by natural talent, basically anyone who looks like they were 'born' to play cricket, I believe this about Ponting, Lara, Tendulkar, natural talent is instinctive its the difference between someone with an extremely high IQ and someone who has worked to become clever. This is not stating that Lara, Pontin etc. dont work hard more so just batting seems to come to them much more naturally.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by $achin_rockz
    i should probably define what i meant by natural talent, basically anyone who looks like they were 'born' to play cricket, I believe this about Ponting, Lara, Tendulkar, natural talent is instinctive its the difference between someone with an extremely high IQ and someone who has worked to become clever. This is not stating that Lara, Pontin etc. dont work hard more so just batting seems to come to them much more naturally.
    Yes thats why Lara and Tendulkar have more natuaral talent than someone like Afridi but people seem to put him ahead of them just becasue he is such an atacking player

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    thats ridiculous, mark ramprakash and graeme hick have more talent than most players in the world today. and where are they exactly?
    to say something like if X is so talented, why isnt he playing currently is a futile argument, because as i've said about 1 million times talent does not equal to performance.
    No, talent + temperament does.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    No, talent + temperament does.
    or talent + temperament + dedication + application

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Dedication & application (or the ability to do) = natural talent for me.
    You can either do it or you can't.
    If someone can't make themselves work, you can't make 'em work.
    And of course for some people no amount of hard work would have made them any better, eg David Gower, Viv Richards.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information