• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yorkshire fans

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Any Yorkshire fans here??

Apparently a guy from my local club has been offered a trial with you guys and is a BIG chance to play 1st team cricket if Hoggard gets picked for England...

His name is Mitch Claydon. He is a big quick bowler and went really well in the Grade comp here in sydney last season....
He is mates with my brother, and was wondering if someone could give us an update on how he's travelling..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm nominally a Yorkshire fan (only 'cos I went to uni there), but very much of the armchair variety.

Is he a UK passport holder? 'Cos Yorks have got Harvey & Jacques as their overseas players this year. Although I guess Harvey may get a look in the ODIs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blewy said:
Any Yorkshire fans here??
Yep - they include me.
Apparently a guy from my local club has been offered a trial with you guys and is a BIG chance to play 1st team cricket if Hoggard gets picked for England...

His name is Mitch Claydon. He is a big quick bowler and went really well in the Grade comp here in sydney last season....
He is mates with my brother, and was wondering if someone could give us an update on how he's travelling..
Never heard of the chap... and I think the *if* Hoggard gets picked for England bit is a trifle unneccessary!
We've already signed Gideon Kruis in non-England-qualified-player ranks... last thing we need is another guy we need to ship in... and a non-First-Class player at that.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently from what i've been told is that he was going to play league cricket in London or something and Vaughan saw him and got him a trial. AFAIK he is still on trial, however apparently there is a player off contract soon and he is pushing pretty hard for that spot..

Ill see what more i can find out and let you know...

Link

State Vice-Captain
a very big Yorkshire fan, but not really in the area, so gona miss out on the opportunity.

Sudeep

International Captain
I used to be a fan during the days when Michael Bevan used to play for them... Pretty much lost interest afterwards.