• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highest Test Score

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
It's a bit of fun - a concept you appear to be completely alien to.
Nope, I just don't find that particular thing in the slightest fun. Much, much more fun to see stumps castled every time.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Richard said:
So it's enjoyable to see bowlers made to look like fools?
Yes it is great fun to see test match standard bowlers being smashed around by lower order batsmen. Provides great little entertaining patches to test matches of cause high class play is good but whats wrong with a bit of slogging. i really dont know why i am either bothering to post this really

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
must say that once again richard is failing to take anything less than 100% serious, in a way i would say that it is more fun that watching batsman slog, its more exciting.

shaka

International Regular
marc71178 said:
It's enjoyable to see the numbers 10 and 11 chance their arm and see the ball fly into the stand, not just for the reaction of the bowler.
You mean like when Mills cracked four sixes in a row?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, poor Rich.

*vision... blurring. hands... shaking. rage... taking... over!* :D

ch00baka

School Boy/Girl Captain
shaka said:
That was highly entertaining, but you would hardly call Darren Lehmann and Brad Hogg test standard bowlers.

Isolator

State 12th Man
kendall said:
2. Matthew Hayden 380 - this score came up on another farcially flat pitch against an awful side that should have been stripped of test match status, this should therefore discount the score.
He was dropped, too.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
shaka said:
Yes that sort of thing - it's a bit of harmless fun basically - you know it's not going to last long, but when 30 or 40 runs come up in 20 minutes it's a laugh!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone getting the feeling Richard was calling the double bluff? Perhaps he read the thread, thought "oh, everyone will expect that even I will get the joke, so I'll pretend to take it seriously", and went ahead and did it.

Or the other option is he doesn't have anything remotely resembling a sense of humour.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
Wrong, Lara most certainly was not caught behind on 2; as has already been pointed-out, all 200+ innings will almost beyond question come on extremely flat pitches.

It shouldn't discout it, but it should be taken in the context that the team was not Test-class and most certainly did not deserve to be playing cricket classed as Test-matches, so this innings should not be classed as a Test-match innings.

For the pitch see 2nd part of 1. England's bowling certainly wasn't poor given the pitch.

Er... what?

Even though no-one in Australia could possibly fear invasion?

Err... what?

Why should it have been declared void? For bit about pitch see 1 part 2.

Scored against a substandard side, yes - see Hayden.

No, not a fictional character - fictionally good, yes, but certainly existed and played this unbelievably good innings.

No, if anything it should be declared more than it was, because it clearly would have been but for a declaration on oneself.

Performance-enhancing drugs, what madness is this? Gooch between 1989\90 was quite sensationally good, he most certainly WAS NOT on performance-enhancing drugs and to say so is a disgrace to cricket.

Not unless he ran himself out - and for the record there were no run-outs in the innings.

For the pitch see 1 part 2; were West Indies Test-class in 1930? It's up for question. Possibly not, but it's certainly not as clear-cut as Bangladesh always has been.

A stupid pitch, yes, a pointless match, yes - but the significant thing is not either, it's the dropped catch on 80.
Got him, yeeeeeeessssss!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voltman said:
Anyone getting the feeling Richard was calling the double bluff? Perhaps he read the thread, thought "oh, everyone will expect that even I will get the joke, so I'll pretend to take it seriously", and went ahead and did it.

Or the other option is he doesn't have anything remotely resembling a sense of humour.
im probably gonna go with option one, give him the benefit of the doubt. especially since it made this thread a whole lot funnier

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Yes that sort of thing - it's a bit of harmless fun basically - you know it's not going to last long, but when 30 or 40 runs come up in 20 minutes it's a laugh!
Far from fun, at all - came so close to producing the most unthinkable turnaround in ODI history.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
kendall said:
Yes it is great fun to see test match standard bowlers being smashed around by lower order batsmen. Provides great little entertaining patches to test matches of cause high class play is good but whats wrong with a bit of slogging. i really dont know why i am either bothering to post this really
All you can say is you find it fun - no bowler, ever, will do so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
I'm frankly amazed anyone could possibly think anything else.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Wrong, Lara most certainly was not caught behind on 2; as has already been pointed-out, all 200+ innings will almost beyond question come on extremely flat pitches.

It shouldn't discout it, but it should be taken in the context that the team was not Test-class and most certainly did not deserve to be playing cricket classed as Test-matches, so this innings should not be classed as a Test-match innings.

For the pitch see 2nd part of 1. England's bowling certainly wasn't poor given the pitch.

Er... what?

Even though no-one in Australia could possibly fear invasion?

Err... what?

Why should it have been declared void? For bit about pitch see 1 part 2.

Scored against a substandard side, yes - see Hayden.

No, not a fictional character - fictionally good, yes, but certainly existed and played this unbelievably good innings.

No, if anything it should be declared more than it was, because it clearly would have been but for a declaration on oneself.

Performance-enhancing drugs, what madness is this? Gooch between 1989\90 was quite sensationally good, he most certainly WAS NOT on performance-enhancing drugs and to say so is a disgrace to cricket.

Not unless he ran himself out - and for the record there were no run-outs in the innings.

For the pitch see 1 part 2; were West Indies Test-class in 1930? It's up for question. Possibly not, but it's certainly not as clear-cut as Bangladesh always has been.

A stupid pitch, yes, a pointless match, yes - but the significant thing is not either, it's the dropped catch on 80.
Oh no !!!!!

Really Richard..... !!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I simply can't believe this...
Did anyone REALLY believe I was genuinely being serious?
I was having my version of fun - I found it utterly hilarious to pretend to take such a blatantly jokey thread seriously.
I can't believe Matt was the only one who spotted what I was doing.