• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highest Test Score

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard, I mean this from the heart and with all due sincerity; get a girlfriend, mate.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Actually, someone already redid all the stats and it turns out the highest score was 11 by Fred Trueman..... But then, I dug it all up again and it turns out that it is actually 13 by Venkatesh Prasad... :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
honestbharani said:
Actually, someone already redid all the stats and it turns out the highest score was 11 by Fred Trueman..... But then, I dug it all up again and it turns out that it is actually 13 by Venkatesh Prasad... :D
I had it down as Steve Harmison's 42.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Oh there's a surprise, a joking thread and somebody can't see it for what it is... 8-)
You really think I don't realise this was started with the idea of being a joke? 8-)
The point is some of the things are actually valid gripes, and me being me tried to turn a joke into general discussion.
If you want joke-threads that stay as jokes I suggest you post them in the Humour forum.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Even though no-one in Australia could possibly fear invasion?
Actually there is considerable debate about whether the Japanese had plans to invade Australia(1942 iirc) .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
Actually there is considerable debate about whether the Japanese had plans to invade Australia(1942 iirc) .
1942... a whole 4 years after 1938.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
I had it down as Steve Harmison's 42.
Don't be silly Neil.

That was a tailender having a mindless swing - that can't be deemed fun, so it must be ruled out of any contest for highest score in Tests.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
1942... a whole 4 years after 1938.
1942 was when the invasion might have happened, but the spectre of the Japanese Empire cast a shadow over the region for a long time before that,

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Don't be silly Neil.

That was a tailender having a mindless swing - that can't be deemed fun, so it must be ruled out of any contest for highest score in Tests.
How is slogging fun?
It's farcical, yes - fun? Sorry?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
1942 was when the invasion might have happened, but the spectre of the Japanese Empire cast a shadow over the region for a long time before that,
Really?
It was genuinely a frightening possibility for Australia, then?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
How is slogging fun?
It's farcical, yes - fun? Sorry?
It's enjoyable to see the numbers 10 and 11 chance their arm and see the ball fly into the stand, not just for the reaction of the bowler.