• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan A in Zimbabwe

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The tour runs from May 6-23 with two four-day games at the CFX Academy and Harare, followed by three one-day matches.

Four-Day squad Stuart Carlisle (capt), Blessing Mahwire, Brendan Taylor, Mark Vermeulen, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Sean Williams, Chamunorwa Chibhabha, Tawanda Mupariwa, Graeme Cremer, Allan Mwayenga, Trevor Gripper, Neil Ferreira, Keith Dabengwa, Anthony Ireland, Charles Coventry.

One-Day squad Stuart Carlisle (capt), Blessing Mahwire, Keith Dabengwa, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Brendan Taylor, Mark Vermeulen, Douglas Marillier, Chamunorwa Chibhabha, Sean Williams, Tawanda Mupariwa, Anthony Ireland, Ian Nicholson, Gavin Ewing, Charles Coventry.

Courtesy - cricinfo

I would be following the performance of Marillier I think.

cricket player

International Debutant
Pratyush said:
The tour runs from May 6-23 with two four-day games at the CFX Academy and Harare, followed by three one-day matches.

Four-Day squad Stuart Carlisle (capt), Blessing Mahwire, Brendan Taylor, Mark Vermeulen, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Sean Williams, Chamunorwa Chibhabha, Tawanda Mupariwa, Graeme Cremer, Allan Mwayenga, Trevor Gripper, Neil Ferreira, Keith Dabengwa, Anthony Ireland, Charles Coventry.

One-Day squad Stuart Carlisle (capt), Blessing Mahwire, Keith Dabengwa, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Brendan Taylor, Mark Vermeulen, Douglas Marillier, Chamunorwa Chibhabha, Sean Williams, Tawanda Mupariwa, Anthony Ireland, Ian Nicholson, Gavin Ewing, Charles Coventry.

Courtesy - cricinfo

I would be following the performance of Marillier I think.
Yeah me to,he is my fav cricketer along with others because he invented over the wicket keeper sweep shot he also won a game againts india using that sort of shot. :)

tooextracool

International Coach
cricket player said:
Yeah me to,he is my fav cricketer along with others because he invented over the wicket keeper sweep shot he also won a game againts india using that sort of shot. :)
the 'marillier sweep', and it was even more hilarious when he used it to hammer mcgrath in the last over at the WACA in 2001. pity though, that they stil lost that game by 1 run.

cricket player

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
the 'marillier sweep', and it was even more hilarious when he used it to hammer mcgrath in the last over at the WACA in 2001. pity though, that they stil lost that game by 1 run.
They almost beat australia in that game it was good performance by the alistair campbell he was a good batsman,Zimababwe still remains my fav cricket team but it has been the same sense the rebels left,Andy flower grant flower they were class players and no one should forget them,

The game of cricket gets interesting when a team like zimbabwe make teams sucha as australia run for their money, :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
tooextracool said:
That was one of my all time favourite cricketing memories. The whole (arrogant) crowd was stunned enough by the fact that Zimbos were that close to Aus, and then when he pulled it out twice, no-one knew what to think!

tooextracool

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
That was one of my all time favourite cricketing memories. The whole (arrogant) crowd was stunned enough by the fact that Zimbos were that close to Aus, and then when he pulled it out twice, no-one knew what to think!
the whole situation was set up brilliantly. most people would have given up watching after australia piled on 302 or at least when andy flower was out. and who would have thought that an unknown batsman in marillier would play a completely unknown shot and hammer 4, 2, 4 off the first 3 balls he faced in his inning and of mcgraths last over.

cricket player

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
the whole situation was set up brilliantly. most people would have given up watching after australia piled on 302 or at least when andy flower was out. and who would have thought that an unknown batsman in marillier would play a completely unknown shot and hammer 4, 2, 4 off the first 3 balls he faced in his inning and of mcgraths last over.
Yup,just recently marillier has scored 202 runs in domestic cricket in logan cup. :)
I will follow his career closely :) :p