• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in the West Indies

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not much has been talked about this series.

What do you think the results will be.

Tour Schedule

May
11-13
v Carib Beer XI Antigua
15 Practice One-Day Antigua
18 1st ODI St. Vincent
21 2nd ODI Gros Islet, St. Lucia
22 3rd ODI Gros Islet, St. Lucia
26-30 1st Test Barbados
June
3-7 2nd Test Jamaica

A very small tour indeed but must see some interesting cricket.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
West Indies should be thanking their lucky stars that Shoaib & Sami wont be sharing the new ball together in the series, along with the emergence of Naved they could have really caused havoc ont the WI, but looking at PAK bowling attack on the whole with the likes of Shoaib, Sami, Naved, Shabbir, Umar-Gul & Rao they look to have a very impressive fast bowling unit

Throw in Kaneria & if Saqlain could get back to the type of bowler he was & add the talented batting line-up wellllll............ the pakistani lads have a pretty good side their

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The Pakistan team is looking like an excellent unit for the first time since I have started watching cricket.

No co incidence it has concurred with the tenure of Bob Woolmer.

cricket player

International Debutant
He is doing a great job so far and One person who trying to ruin him is Amir sohail and I hate people getting involved into other peoples busniess and the is just an pure idiot but he is a good commentator to say the least.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
The Pakistan team is looking like an excellent unit for the first time since I have started watching cricket.

No co incidence it has concurred with the tenure of Bob Woolmer.
Is it also coincidence that it's happened without Akhtar in the side?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Is it also coincidence that it's happened without Akhtar in the side?
Nopes. Akhtar has to learn to be a team player and change his attitude. He has to realise he is not bigger than the game itself.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
id like to see shahid nazir in action in this tour ,but with shabbir,rao and ana it seemz unlikely

masterblaster

International Captain
Im quite happy for Rana Naved Ul Hasan, his performances against India have certainly silenced some of his detractors.

Here's hoping Rana has another successful tour! Nothing better than seeing an honest, hard working bowler bowling with a lot of heart and achieving success.

Also, I'm hoping Chris Gayle has a successful series, and really steps up in this phase of this career.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I hope Kaneria goes from stregth to stregth in this tour.

Also, it would be very sad if the West Indies lost to Pakistan. Consecutive series defeats in the same year for West Indies, a team didnt lose a series for 20 years at home would be the nadir.

I really want Pakistan to win as it would show they are emerging as a very strong team.

But the scenario of Windies losing saddens me deeply.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
Im quite happy for Rana Naved Ul Hasan, his performances against India have certainly silenced some of his detractors.
He convinced most of Australia during the VB series too. He was brilliant in several games. The question mark is certainly there in a very big way about his test performances though.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
FaaipDeOiad said:
He convinced most of Australia during the VB series too. He was brilliant in several games. The question mark is certainly there in a very big way about his test performances though.
True, he hasnt done much in tests yet.