• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in the West Indies

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
vandemataram said:
At best they are mediocres, at at times they look like club pacers!
My heart bleeds for my country. :crybaby:

Between the top five batsmen : 641 test innings, 30000 test runs, 82 test centuries at an average of 51.6; PLUS 1019 ODI innings, 37000 ODI runs and 84 ODI centuries at an average of 40 plus and they cant play "club pacers" !! :crybaby::crybaby:

*looks frantically for misplaced tongue*​

Duncan

U19 Debutant
SJS said:
My heart bleeds for my country. :crybaby:

Between the top five batsmen : 641 test innings, 30000 test runs, 82 test centuries at an average of 51.6; PLUS 1019 ODI innings, 37000 ODI runs and 84 ODI centuries at an average of 40 plus and they cant play "club pacers" !! :crybaby::crybaby:

*looks frantically for misplaced tongue*​
LOL...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
A lot depends on Pakistan's attitude. If they are careless and a bit lazy, the Windies could surprise them in both forms of the game... If Pakistan play with full attention and full effort, I cannot see the Windies defeating them in either form of the game in any of the matches.... I predict a 1-1 or 0-0 in tests and a 2-1 or 3-0 to Pak in ODIs.

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
shaka said:
Sami is in doubt for the tour
yep.thats a quit big blow for the pakistani team as shoaib and gul both not playing.but pakistan will be allright against the windies cuz pakistans confidence is sky-high and the windies confidence is somewhere down the southpole :p
but sami might be picked for the series later

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
tooextracool said:
sami who averaged 49.30 and rana who averaged 137. bravo!
i'd give you that rana has potential, and he hasnt played much but sami has been inconsistent for a while now.
hmmm he has been inconsistent until the india series.but in the series he showed that he can really bowl some really good spells especially in the tests. :@ (i remember him bowling both of indias openers in his first two overs)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nice to see the touring side getting some decent opposition in the warm-up game there.

Pakistani XI 366-7 (50 overs, Afridi 104)
Antigua & Barbuda President's XI 118 (32.4 overs, Afridi 6.4-2-6-4)

Beleg

International Regular
Holy Crap.

West Indian's only hope is to prepare grassy, seaming wickets and hope their batsmen are able to weather the Pakistani bowling.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ahh... Afridi attack. He`s still got it. :cool:

I reckon his bowling should be very good against the Windies.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
WOW 104 afridi 104 of 46 ballas and and 4of 6
boy my signature keeps making more and more sence

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Pakistanis 366 for 7 (Afridi 104, Youhana 87, Akmal 56*, Younis 53) beat Antigua and Barbuda President's XI 118 (Cornwall 46, Afridi 4-6) by 248 runs
An outstanding allround performance by Shahid Afridi ensured that Pakistan got off to a rollicking start on their tour of the West Indies. Afridi carried on his excellent form from the series against India, blasting 104 off a mere 46 balls to power the Pakistanis to 366 for 7 against Antigua and Barbuda President's XI. He then turned it on with the ball as well, taking 4 for 6 from 6.4 overs as the home side were bundled out for 118, giving the Pakistanis victory by 248 runs.

Afridi turned it on from the start, allowing Salman Butt to contribute just 8 in a first-wicket stand of 50. Afridi's knock included 11 fours and eight sixes, including one off fast bowler Ricky Christopher which landed into a nearby church. By the time he was done, Afridi had scored 104 out of a team total of 141.

The Pakistanis continued to pile the runs, though, with Yousuf Youhana making a fluent 87 off 79 balls with seven fours and three sixes, and Younis Khan and Kamran Akmal chipping in with half-centuries down the order. Apart from Butt, the only other failure was Inzamam-ul-Haq, who was run out for a duck.

Set a target of 367, the President's XI outfit didn't have a chance. Shabbir Ahmed and Iftikhar Anjum did the early damage, reducing the home team to 34 for 3, before Afridi came along and took care of the middle order and the tail.

This was Pakistan's only warm-up match of the series: the first one-day international will be played in St Vincent on Wednesday (May 18), followed by two more matches over the weekend.

© Cricinfo

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Pratyush said:
I hope Kaneria goes from stregth to stregth in this tour.

Also, it would be very sad if the West Indies lost to Pakistan. Consecutive series defeats in the same year for West Indies, a team didnt lose a series for 20 years at home would be the nadir.

I really want Pakistan to win as it would show they are emerging as a very strong team.

But the scenario of Windies losing saddens me deeply.
Frankly, I think they fully deserve what they get.

They've done very little to resolve the scrapping between islands and the sponsorship debacles. Perhaps this series is the wake-up call they need, since the cricketing world (and especially I) want to see the Windies a competitive cricketing nation again.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Despite winning the Champions Trophy, West Indies has been a mediocre team at best for years now. Why are people acting suprised?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Duncan said:
Despite winning the Champions Trophy, West Indies has been a mediocre team at best for years now. Why are people acting suprised?
which was a fluke anyway?

deeps

International 12th Man
aussie said:
the WI will be jumping now, no Akhatar no Sami....., they have definatley being praying to the right fellows
but afridi is still there..::D