• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in the West Indies

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The Test series should go Pakistan's way Possibbly 1-0 or 2-0 .

[As I remember the last time Pakistan played the Windies in the Caribbean, Doug Howie (Umpire) played a major role in the result swaying one way !! :D ]

Some Pakistan fan can confirm this !!

The ODI series should be a little more even .

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People say Pakistan lost that series because of poor umpiring, but Pakistan dropped that series themselves. They missed two of the easiest run outs you'll ever see, one of them that saw Walsh (last man) and Adams at the same end. All Saqlain had to do was catch the ball and knock off the bails. He dropped a soft return.

Pakistan has no excuse for losing that series.

I can see this game going 1-0 to Pakistan or 1-1, but I can't see it going 2-0 to Pakistan or the West Indies way victory-wise.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shahid_afridi said:
:p just imagine pakistans full strenght pace attack!oh my god.they could rstrict every side to a total under 200.
Oh yes, Mohammad Sami taking his wickets at 47 apiece and Rana at 58.42. The rest would compensate. It would be epic!

tooextracool

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
He convinced most of Australia during the VB series too. He was brilliant in several games. The question mark is certainly there in a very big way about his test performances though.
the question mark is about his accuracy, hes one of the most inaccurate bowlers going around. he certainly is capable of bowling some absolutely beautiful deliveries when hes on target and i think his high ER and low bowling average in ODIs more than represents that.

Beleg

International Regular
Mr Mxy,

While what you say is correct, it still doesn't change the fact that there was some atrocious umpiring going on.

Which, I believe is Jason's point.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
I hope Kaneria goes from stregth to stregth in this tour.

Also, it would be very sad if the West Indies lost to Pakistan. Consecutive series defeats in the same year for West Indies, a team didnt lose a series for 20 years at home would be the nadir.

I really want Pakistan to win as it would show they are emerging as a very strong team.

But the scenario of Windies losing saddens me deeply.
well that has been a norm for WI in the last couple of years so why should it sadden you now

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Shahid_afridi said:
:p just imagine pakistans full strenght pace attack!oh my god.they could rstrict every side to a total under 200.
its possible but they have to more consistent with they're line and lenght, especially the Fast bowlers

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
The Test series should go Pakistan's way Possibbly 1-0 or 2-0 .

[As I remember the last time Pakistan played the Windies in the Caribbean, Doug Howie (Umpire) played a major role in the result swaying one way !! :D ]

Some Pakistan fan can confirm this !!

The ODI series should be a little more even .
i'm not so sure about that i think pakistan might destroy the West Indies in that ODI series and also win their first ever test series in the caribbean

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
aussie said:
well that has been a norm for WI in the last couple of years so why should it sadden you now
Its been saddening all this while regarding the state of Windies cricket and would be saddening even more losing back to back series at home, even though I want Pakistan to win.

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i said the FULL pakistani bowling attack!and sami and rana are still young and on a good way to improve(just take the india series as an example)

Beleg

International Regular
Pakistan aught to win the ODI's comfortably. I have my doubts about the tests though.

masterblaster said:
Im quite happy for Rana Naved Ul Hasan, his performances against India have certainly silenced some of his detractors.

Here's hoping Rana has another successful tour! Nothing better than seeing an honest, hard working bowler bowling with a lot of heart and achieving success.

hmmmm .. already sounds mouth watering, i think Lara will be eyeing a personal score of 300+ against a Rana-led attack. :p

Shahid_afridi said:

Hahahaha , man wake up and smell the cofee, will you???

This isn't the era of W's. Except for Akhtar, none other pak pacer is a world class pacer!!

At best they are mediocres, at at times they look like club pacers!

Beleg said:
Welcome back. :)

I missed you.
The growing number of Rana's fan on this website forced me to take a break.

And seeing Rana's name in SS side for the 6 days match has made me furious :@ . How the hell the guy made it?? Maybe the guy practices black magic!

tooextracool

International Coach
Shahid_afridi said:
i said the FULL pakistani bowling attack!and sami and rana are still young and on a good way to improve(just take the india series as an example)
sami who averaged 49.30 and rana who averaged 137. bravo!
i'd give you that rana has potential, and he hasnt played much but sami has been inconsistent for a while now.

I think WI will win the test series 1-0 .I don't think Pak has the bowlers who can trouble WI batters, they will just rely on Danish, and if WI can handle him then they will emerge as the winners.

I just hope WI beat Pak in the series, Pakistan need to taste defeat to come down from the sky and face the reality that they still have a very lowsy test team.