Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hinds and Smith in confrontation

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar

Hinds and Smith in confrontation

Possibly being discussed in *Official* thread... but as Dippenaar thumps Deonarine for a massive six Hinds and Smith have been exchanging words and stares aplenty... well, Hinds has.
    It all starts with Michael Holding telling us that as a fellow Jamaican he could tell us what Hinds said but it'd not be fit for airing; Hinds then quite clearly does all he can to hit Smith, overstepping by about a mile and bowling quite the most blatant chuck you'll ever see.
    Question in my mind is... what the hell is going on here? How can such a dire, nothing Test-match have something like this happen as the embers are glowing and preparing to go out?
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

its good for the game, livens it up (as long as its within the boundaries of acceptance), also it keeps the batsmen on his toes
    Making a crickweb comeback, long time no see!!
    Msn : linkswl@fsmail.net

The best of the best!!

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Possibly being discussed in *Official* thread... but as Dippenaar thumps Deonarine for a massive six Hinds and Smith have been exchanging words and stares aplenty... well, Hinds has.
    It all starts with Michael Holding telling us that as a fellow Jamaican he could tell us what Hinds said but it'd not be fit for airing; Hinds then quite clearly does all he can to hit Smith, overstepping by about a mile and bowling quite the most blatant chuck you'll ever see.
    Question in my mind is... what the hell is going on here? How can such a dire, nothing Test-match have something like this happen as the embers are glowing and preparing to go out?

didnt see it, but frustration springs to mind..also it wouldnt surprise me if Smith had said some stuff before hand
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    didnt see it, but frustration springs to mind..also it wouldnt surprise me if Smith had said some stuff before hand
    yeah most probally, Smith probally deserves it. I remember a game earlier on in the series. Hinds left just three balls outside the off stump in a row, and SMith started shouting at him calling him boring. that must of gt up Hinds' back. Therefore, payback time

Pinball Champion!
    Even if Hinds was the sole perpetrator in all this nastiness, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be Smith cast as the hate figure on here as usual..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Even if Hinds was the sole perpetrator in all this nastiness, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be Smith cast as the hate figure on here as usual..
    nothing wrong with Smith dishing out the verbals IMO

theres nothing wrong with verbals, there is always talk going on out there, you never see a players lips closed. they are not saying well bowled all the time.
    ive heard some great things when i have batted over the past

Pinball Champion!
    I despise absolutely all kind of verbals on a cricket field, unless its in the form of "well done mate", or a handshake.. If I have a problem, I make it known after the game.. I get very disappointed with people who try to gain some sort of advantage by using their mouth..

Smith has gone down in my book because of his lip, and even though Donald inspired me with his agression, I don't look back at his Afrikaans lesson to Atherton as a particularly good thing.. Far rather remember the stumps coming out the ground.. Thats how I play my cricket..

i would rather that too, but agreeing with you would make me hypocritical if you get what i mean . i cant help it

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    nothing wrong with Smith dishing out the verbals IMO
    Except when he then cries to the press about being on the receiving end...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Except when he then cries to the press about being on the receiving end...
    That's my big issue with the tubby lardster too. Oh, and when he gave evidence against Vaughan I think he definitely contravened an unwritten code between fellow pros.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

his name is Smith.... not Chris Adams

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Warne to be blamed in 3..2..1..

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    I despise absolutely all kind of verbals on a cricket field, unless its in the form of "well done mate", or a handshake.. If I have a problem, I make it known after the game.. I get very disappointed with people who try to gain some sort of advantage by using their mouth..

Smith has gone down in my book because of his lip, and even though Donald inspired me with his agression, I don't look back at his Afrikaans lesson to Atherton as a particularly good thing.. Far rather remember the stumps coming out the ground.. Thats how I play my cricket..
    It is a part of the game in my opinion. I'm all for sledging as long as it isn't anything violent or degrading. But a simple "Send him back to re-string his racket" or a "Do you have a receipt for that bat, because it isn't working and you might want to take it back" doesn't do anyone any harm and can often break the tension out on the field.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information