Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hinds and Smith in confrontation

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64
    Interesting report... so I wasn't the only one who considered the possibility of racist comments...
    I hasten to add that I don't think for a second Smith would indulge in such things, but I'm not surprised that their apparent presence was the cause of the trouble.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Pinball Champion!
    And I guess Smith's non existant reputation will be tattered even more by this saga he seemed to have no real part in?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

maybe not, he is all ready known as a loud mouth on the field. So it is not really suprising for us to see him involved in something like this. However not so for poor Hinds. He is the one whose reputation will be effected the most
    Making a crickweb comeback, long time no see!!
    Msn : linkswl@fsmail.net

The best of the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by Link
    maybe not, he is all ready known as a loud mouth on the field. So it is not really suprising for us to see him involved in something like this. However not so for poor Hinds. He is the one whose reputation will be effected the most
    Why "poor Hinds"? Why not "poor Smith"? According to the report Smith was innocent. Hinds was out of line. Yet Smith is being denigrated for something he didn't do. (As in nearly everyone here has said something to the effect that he probably did say something even though the report says he didn't!) And "poor" HInds' reputation is going to be besmirched. Well, so it should be, his behaviour was disgraceful. Not sporting at all.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Well this is very unlike Hinds so Smith must have doine something really bad. Smith already has a bad reputation but Wavell's has been pretty much spotless.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Hexxagon Champion!
    Just to clarify, Smith wasnt declared innocent. There just wasnt evidence to back up Hinds' claims.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    Just to clarify, Smith wasnt declared innocent. There just wasnt evidence to back up Hinds' claims.
    "But Graeme Smith, South Africa's captain, has been cleared of any misconduct on his part, after a confrontation between the pair on the final day of the match." This is a direct quote from the article reporting about the hearing. To me that reads innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by jot1
    Why "poor Hinds"? Why not "poor Smith"? According to the report Smith was innocent. Hinds was out of line. Yet Smith is being denigrated for something he didn't do. (As in nearly everyone here has said something to the effect that he probably did say something even though the report says he didn't!) And "poor" HInds' reputation is going to be besmirched. Well, so it should be, his behaviour was disgraceful. Not sporting at all.
    what was the point in that you didnt even disagree with me. I was talking about Smiths reputation in that it will not change from being a cricketing loudmouth. I said that Hinds rep will because he is not renowned for that

Quote Originally Posted by Link
    what was the point in that you didnt even disagree with me. I was talking about Smiths reputation in that it will not change from being a cricketing loudmouth. I said that Hinds rep will because he is not renowned for that
    How could I disagree with you? I know Smith is known as a loudmouth. My point is, Hinds shouldn't get any sympathy (as in "poor Hinds"). He not only used verbal abuse but showed great disrespect by spitting on the ground in front of Smith and then deliberately tried to hit him with the ball. That's a long way from just sledging as Smith does. Hinds damaged his own reputation.

agreed, but Hinds was wound up by Smith not to say what he done was out of order, it was just out of character. I put it down to being provoked

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64
    Well this is very unlike Hinds so Smith must have doine something really bad. Smith already has a bad reputation but Wavell's has been pretty much spotless.
    Why must he have done something really bad? Why couldn't Hinds have been misled into believing he'd done something really bad?

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Why must he have done something really bad? Why couldn't Hinds have been misled into believing he'd done something really bad?
    It could be........ Either way, there must have been some involvement from Smith.... Hinds has been around for a lot longer than Smith and has never been involved in such issues, but we all already know Smith's track record... And his statement now seems extremely absurd to me..... He wants a public apology from Dwayne Bravo.... I agree with Mike Holding here.. Why a public apology? AFAIC, Bravo didn't even go public with any allegations about Smith. He probably said something to Hinds about what Smith told him and Hinds may have taken offence to that but really, I don't see why Bravo should issue a public apology for this. If anything, this only makes me suspect Smith more. If he had wanted a private "I am sorry about the misunderstanding" from Bravo, that would have been more like it.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

State Vice-Captain Right arm fast's Avatar
    i just read in chris cairns book about how hinds went nuts after a game and tried to hit vettroi with his bat ect.
    CW Red

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Exactly - he's a love-to-hate character virtually throughout The World by now.
    Well I certainly don't hate him, as a player and his attitude. I like his attitude though, at least he won't back down to anybody.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Smith replies to the allegations with a 100 in the first ODI.

Well done Graeme.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information