• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Italian Seria A 3rd

dro87

U19 12th Man
He is the first game of the season:

Giornata I - (1 maggio):

- Trentino - Gallicano @ Caipoli = 237 - 121/2
- Bologna - Maremma @ Falsetti = 247/7 - 169
- Pianoro - Capannelle @ Ovale = 243/5 - 244/8

That means that my team(Capannelle C.C.) won against last years winners!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Team: A.Jayarajah (my dad) cap, L.Jayarajah (me), M. Da Costa, M. Capuano, G.Piperno, D.Piatti, T.Crossland, N. Jeewaka, A.Weerasinghe, S.De Silva and P. Chandler: 2 first class cricketers (Chandler and weerasinge... Canterbury and bloomfield) plus a future MCC youn cricketer (ME!!!)

INfact i've been porposed 2 go this summer 2 lords 2 player for MCC YOUNG CRICKETERS!!!! isn't this fantastic????

dro87

U19 12th Man
thanx! I still don't know what level i'll be playing at with the mcc young cricketers ... I heard of someting like 2nds? Any ideas or links i can get some info on?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
www.lords.org
your captain will be Daan van Bunge himself :) say hello to him :D
well done mate!
MCC plays in the 2nd XI competition of counties ! so impress there and you never know where its going to get you.

dro87

U19 12th Man
Well i doubt i'll impress that much... I know i'll never make first class cricket... but still having the oportunity is still great plus a read o the fixture list that i may get 2 play in the ROSE bowl??? The test cricket venue??? That fantastic!!!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You're only a step away - if you're still seventeen, you've still got a decent chance.

Extract from Lords.org:

The MCC Young Cricketers (MCC YCs) are to participate in the ECB County Second XI Championship for the first time in 2005. Their inclusion in the competition consolidates an already strong fixture list which provides the best possible training ground for young players aiming to make a career in professional cricket.

Second XI Fixtures 2005

The MCC YC squad comprises the best young players from around the United Kingdom (and some from the EU and overseas) who have yet to gain a county contract. In 2004, the MCC YCs played 53 matches, six of which took place on a three-week tour of Sri Lanka. During the season, two YCs scored more than a thousand runs (Freddie Klokker and Daan van Bunge), while Darren Sammy (63 wickets) was the pick of the bowlers.

John Stephenson, MCC's Head of Cricket, said: "The aim of the MCC Young Cricketers programme is to provide a first-class cricket education with top quality playing opportunities. It will be a great step forward for the MCC YCs to be able to play in the Second XI Championship. Together with their participation in the Second XI Trophy, it will provide them with tough opposition and enable them to monitor their progress against cricketers of a standard to which they aspire. It will also give them the chance to put into practice the coaching they receive at Lord's, and to play in front of county coaches, ultimately helping them to gain a county contract."

Recent graduates of the MCC YC programme include Alex Gidman (the captain of England A), Rikki Clarke (the Surrey and England all-rounder) and Middlesex's Chad Keegan.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Well done mate, that's fantastic. If you're still with the Young Cricketers over the next couple of years you might play alongside someone I know - Michael Quest, a 15-year old fast bowler and no5/6 batsman who plays for my school 1st XI. He's going on the Sussex U19 tour this winter, and both Peter Moores (Sussex coach/Head of the ECB Academy) and Chris Adams (Sussex captain, who I have incidentally twice been to a net session with - he coaches at my school) have been very impressed with what they have seen of him. He's got real potential.

The only thing that might stop him from being a YC is if he gets offered a Sussex contract straightaway, which may well happen. Otherwise, enjoy your adventure, and look out for him. You've done CW proud!

12th Man

U19 12th Man
good to see players fromdeveloping countries do well.

who was the italian who played for lancashire a few years back?

ithink it was jo scuderi or something like that

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Divenuto(SP?) ? he is a Aussie with Italian herritage.

Last edited:

dro87

U19 12th Man
Yep it's joe scuderi... he missed out from the 1992 world cup with the oz... and came to italy in 96... Now he's captain coach of the national side... Peter Di Venuto (the brother of the oz player) has played for us in the European Champs... We've got quite a good team... PLus if Vettori wanted he could stop playing 4 NZ wait 4 years and play for Italy!

dro87

U19 12th Man
Giornata II - (8 maggio):

- Trentino - Pianoro @ Ovale = 139 - 141/3
- Maremma - Capannelle @ Ippodromo = 195 - 196/9
- Bologna - Gallicano @ San Lazzaro = 129 - 129/8

Classifica:
Gallicano 39
Capannelle 37
Pianoro 27
Bologna 24
Maremma 12