• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is it Really That hard to become a international cricketer?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
dro87 said:
I captain Italy Under 17... And score loads in my age gruop champs (AVG. 42 with the bat and was the leading wicket taker)...... Will i become an International cricketer? :p
For Italy, almost definitely. For a proper country, maybe not :)

cricket player

International Debutant
dro87 said:
I captain Italy Under 17... And score loads in my age gruop champs (AVG. 42 with the bat and was the leading wicket taker)...... Will i become an International cricketer? :p
Will yes but you will need to go to england and become a citizen first or depending where you want to play for Itlay doesnt have a major cricket team :)

dro87

U19 12th Man
cricket player said:
Will yes but you will need to go to england and become a citizen first or depending where you want to play for Itlay doesnt have a major cricket team :)
I can still ask 4 a sri lankan passport (dad is of sl heritage) or i could mary and Australian bird... Megan Gale type and play 4 the oz... then after i would wake up from my bed...

cricket player

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
When you discover reality, it's going to suck.
I discovered reality when I was bowled for a 1 run by a spinner at the last stages :)
but I understand my talent once chance from the captain sending me 1 down will make loads of runs,

Why are you so sure that i will not make it? :-O

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
dro87 said:
Lol i reckon that at least half of the people on CW would get in the Italy side...
Fardin, note how our Italian guy here has just been selected for the MCC Young Cricketers, which is pretty damn good going - and he's still being immensely modest about it. You have done precisely nothing in your career to date, and think you're the next Younis Khan.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
cricket player said:
I discovered reality when I was bowled for a 1 run by a spinner at the last stages :)
but I understand my talent once chance from the captain sending me 1 down will make loads of runs,

Why are you so sure that i will not make it? :-O
What, apart from the complete lack of even regional or district recognition, five wicket hauls, centuries...?

cricket player

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Fardin, note how our Italian guy here has just been selected for the MCC Young Cricketers, which is pretty damn good going - and he's still being immensely modest about it. You have done precisely nothing in your career to date, and think you're the next Younis Khan.
Will what Can I say,I mean I believe in my self nothing else and that is a thing.

cricket player

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
What, apart from the complete lack of even regional or district recognition, five wicket hauls, centuries...?
What about 3 wicket haul?I have taken 3 wicket hauls more 4 times :)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
cricket player said:
What about 3 wicket haul?I have taken 3 wicket hauls more 4 times :)
dude..i have taken 5- 3 wickets hauls....nothing special i have taken 1 5 wicket hauls...am im gonna make it in the dutch side ? No way...will i make it in a Dutch junior side..dont think so(hoping is not bad) best i can get and what my target is, is 1st team(highest class) but im not even sure about that.!

tooextracool

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
If you've not scored centuries or taken five- and six-fors before your tenth birthday (Graeme Hick scored his first aged five) then you've not a snowball's. It takes a damn sight more than 1% talent - if it didn't then I would have a career batting average above 2.36.
since we're all being pedantic,i believe venkatesh prasad only started playing cricket at 17 and dravid only started when he was 12.and well players like mark richardson switched to batting extremely late.

cricket player

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
since we're all being pedantic,i believe venkatesh prasad only started playing cricket at 17 and dravid only started when he was 12.and well players like mark richardson switched to batting extremely late.
great job mate proving pickup wrong once again :)

a massive zebra

International Captain
tooextracool said:
And Bradman stopped playing totally between the ages of 14 and 16.

cricket player

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Exceptionally special talents.

Not playing is completely different to playing it badly.
Playing it badly?

If I wont make to cricket but I will still have The guts to challange any one like your self and still come on top,

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
cricket player said:
Playing it badly?

If I wont make to cricket but I will still have The guts to challange any one like your self and still come on top,
:huh: