• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Classic Moments so far Season

cricket player

International Debutant
Some classic wickets were taken and some classic shots were played,I will mention The wickets That were taken,

1)one of our player is a leg spinner bowled beautifully The batsman had no answers for him so he already had taken 3 wickets and was looking to take his 4 wicket,The new batsman comes out to bat,

The leg spinner bowled just slide wide of the wickets off stump The batsman thinking it will turn away from him instead It was THE WRONG one which turned in and he left it and He was bowled,Believe me I couldnt stop laughing,It was really a classic moment,

This wicket was mine,

I was bowling to a big guy very strong looking human indeed :huh: I bowled The first ball of the over and He was trying to slog me and missed it,He missed 3 same fashion couldnt connect,The second last ball he connected and The ball was gone of the park for SIx Then The next ball I took his wicket BOWLED him and This was another classic moment and I went on to take 3 wickets.

Tell me about the classic moments which acquired while you were playing? :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
A year ago, my team (school 3rd XI) were playing against our hardest opposition of the season, and with them having battered us all over the park for about 260-5 off 35 overs, I went out to open the batting and begin the task of not allowing us to get utterly humiliated.

Their bowlers gave me a couple of four-balls early on to get me going, but I scored slowly overall, and after a while they figured out that I don't like the short stuff (I've got rubbish technique), so proceeded to belt in short ball after short ball. I was hit on the body, arm, upper leg or helmet ELEVEN times during my 75-minute innings of 35, and it was extremely painful. However, there came one point during my innings when I decided (just before I got out) that I wasn't going to take any more of it. One of their quickies bowled me two short ones in a row digging towards my ribs, and starting talking to his fielders like he thought he was about to get me out. He tried to make me think he was about to go for the yorker, and he seemed convinced the next ball would get me. I had other ideas though.

He ran in, bowled - a short one, sure enough - and I responded by taking two steps down the track and launching him back over his head for a one-bounce 4. A mental victory if there ever was one, even if their wildly inaccurate round-arm opening bowler did get me out next over with the one straight one he bowled all day.....

We finished on about 115 all out, incidentally - not too shabby, considering we lost to the same team the previous year by about 190 runs!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
I slipped (flat on my face) over while i was bowling once in about under 12's, pretty embarassing stuff, though i was a little less embarassed when i looked up and saw the batsmans middle stump lying in the ground :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
The guy I was batting with got a huge send off, (A big f*** off) when he was given LBW, so we went up to the umpires and just told them about the situation.. Everyone thought we were contesting the decision..

It was all quite ugly, but thats what I remember so far.. Hit 24* and took 2-16 in the only game I've been given a bat and a bowl in..

steds

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
Some classic wickets were taken and some classic shots were played,I will mention The wickets That were taken,

1)one of our player is a leg spinner bowled beautifully The batsman had no answers for him so he already had taken 3 wickets and was looking to take his 4 wicket,The new batsman comes out to bat,

The leg spinner bowled just slide wide of the wickets off stump The batsman thinking it will turn away from him instead It was THE WRONG one which turned in and he left it and He was bowled,Believe me I couldnt stop laughing,It was really a classic moment,

This wicket was mine,

I was bowling to a big guy very strong looking human indeed :huh: I bowled The first ball of the over and He was trying to slog me and missed it,He missed 3 same fashion couldnt connect,The second last ball he connected and The ball was gone of the park for SIx Then The next ball I took his wicket BOWLED him and This was another classic moment and I went on to take 3 wickets.

Tell me about the classic moments which acquired while you were playing? :)
But I thought you were an off-spinner, like Daniel Vettori? :p

steds

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
Yes your thought is right :p I am an off spinner not like daniel vettori but more lik saqlain mushtaq 8-)
so how could you be the leg spinner who took all the wickets? 8-)

cricket player

International Debutant
steds said:
so how could you be the leg spinner who took all the wickets? 8-)
Can you please read the topic from start to finish so you can understand fully it was actulay one of our members not me :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Classic moment would have to be watching our opening batsmn hit the fastest bowler in the competition back over his head for 6 into tennis courts, first ball of a new spell, then one bounce for four over cover. Ended up after 4 overs, having figures of 0/32. We knocked off the top side in the same game too.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Racking up 286-1 declared off 31 overs.

I made 50 not out batting no. 3. Our opening bat made 224 not out off around 130 balls. You could say I was overshadowed...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bowling to one of the best batsman in the league, after being hit for a six and a four, i bowled a much faster bouncer, cracked him right in the ribs and left a hell of a bruise. when he finally got off the ground, he was dropped the next ball.

then, in the same game, when we were batting, seeing my batting partner hit probably the biggest six id seen at the ground-cleared the fence, bounced on the middle of the four lane street, and somehow missed about four speeding cars and a big group of people. and it was off the guy i bounced (also a really good, really bowler).

Link

State Vice-Captain
classic moments. Well theres nothing better than seeing our prolific strike bowler hit a 49 in the interclub match. He cracked one of my short balls for six. Prior to the delivery i was debating weather to bowl it or not, because i was sure i would hurt him, but when i was running in i thought what the hey, so i did bowlshort.
I didnt even think this guy could hold a bat, the first time i see him bat he near on gets a 50.

that was a craker, i can remember trying to hold in the laughter all through the day