• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Take a shot...anyone's shot!

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
SJS said:
Laxman's flick off the stumps off both feet to the on side.

I think this is the most devastating shot because he plays it to the best of deliveries perfect in length and irrespective of line.

I cant think of another shot to put the good bowler off his line and length and make him bowl bad deliveries which I would then pick runs off with my own, more modest, repertoire.
Same for me.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Lara Hip-Flick. Because it just looks so damn cool and no-one else can play it. :D

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Any of:

Gilchrist's hook shot
Ponting's on-drive
Tendulkar's lofted cut shot
Laxman's flick to midwicket
Salman Butt's cover drive
Graeme Smith's straight drive
Matthew Hayden's sweep

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd love to do a Chris Cairns straight hit for six, how good would that feel?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SJS said:
Laxman's flick off the stumps off both feet to the on side.

I think this is the most devastating shot because he plays it to the best of deliveries perfect in length and irrespective of line.

I cant think of another shot to put the good bowler off his line and length and make him bowl bad deliveries which I would then pick runs off with my own, more modest, repertoire.

Got into trouble vs Aus last series by over-doing it and failing to play straight.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
LongHopCassidy said:
Any of:

Gilchrist's hook shot
Ponting's on-drive
Tendulkar's lofted cut shot
Laxman's flick to midwicket
Salman Butt's cover drive
Graeme Smith's straight drive
Matthew Hayden's sweep
Smith has a straight drive now?

Link

State Vice-Captain
ok a pick of the best:

Strauss- pull shot
Pietersen- leg side sixes
Kallis - back foot cover drive
Fleming - on drive/legside
Darren Maddy - cut shot

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Link said:
yeah it coming on, he hits it all the time.
In two words... its brutally elegant
When Smith drives the ball straight it's generally a function of his attempting to hit it through the covers but his bottom hand taking over and dragging it straighter.

Brutal, yes. Elegant, no way.

Link

State Vice-Captain
nah, i think he actually atempts to hit it down the ground. seeing that he does it quite regulary it must be on purpose. i think your asumption is a bit extreme. ive seen that type of thing happen to smith a million times but not in this case. His offside play is getting better, so is he