• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

More horse manure from Tendulkar

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustTool

State 12th Man
So now Tendulkar said in an inteview that we should not blame individuals as this is a team sport. I didn't hear him say, when he was raking in the millions, that this should be split with the whole team because it is a team sport. :@

Such hypocrisy. Such under-performance. :wacko: Such whacked out worship of a guy who has almost never performed under real pressure (ya, I know - last world cup! - don't forget he was dropped before he got to 50 and then he wasn't fit enough and got cramps)

Exceprt:
When asked whether it was fair to blame a few individuals for the defeats, he sounded hurt. “Isn’t cricket supposed to be a team sport? I feel people should decide first whether cricket is a team game or an individual sport. If one man is representing India in cricket, then yes, blame that person when things go wrong. But it is not fair to blame a particular individual in a team comprising 11 members.”

Last edited:

JustTool

State 12th Man
Dasa said:
More horse manure from JustTool
See, you just proved my point about whacked out sycophancy. :)
Why can't these overpaid, overhyped cricketers accept some personal responsibility. I mean, aren't they the ones responsible for being 4th from the bottom - above Zimbabwe, BDesh and Kenya. Oh, sorry it's not any of them, it's the team. :@

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
So when India win is it due to a good team performance or individual brilliance?

More often than not an individual, rather than the team, turns a cricket game in one side's favour. These players then get all the contratulations after steering their side to a win - i.e. it is the individual being credited with a team's victory.

If it is the individuals (rather than the team) who receive all the plaudits when the team wins, then shouldn't it be the individuals who get blamed for a loss?

You're a bit harsh on Tendulkar though...

JBH001

International Regular
JustTool said:
So now Tendulkar said in an inteview that we should not blame individuals as this is a team sport. I didn't hear him say, when he was raking in the millions, that this should be split with the whole team because it is a team sport. :@

Such hypocrisy. Such under-performance. :wacko: Such whacked out worship of a guy who has almost never performed under real pressure (ya, I know - last world cup! - don't forget he was dropped before he got to 50 and then he wasn't fit enough and got cramps)

Exceprt:
When asked whether it was fair to blame a few individuals for the defeats, he sounded hurt. “Isn’t cricket supposed to be a team sport? I feel people should decide first whether cricket is a team game or an individual sport. If one man is representing India in cricket, then yes, blame that person when things go wrong. But it is not fair to blame a particular individual in a team comprising 11 members.”
JustTool is the right name for you - was it intentional?

Status
Not open for further replies.