• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Betting on the world cup !!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
How many of you guys intend to bet on the world cup ?

I find that as on date, betdirect's 10 to 1 odds on Pakistan and England AND SportingOdds' 20:1 on Sri Lanka to be the most tempting :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Go to bettingzoneDOToddscheckerDOTcom and you will find links to all of them.

The best odds on Kiwis are by SportingOdds at 14:1

If I was a New Zealander, I would take a bet on that.

masterblaster

International Captain
SJS said:
Go to bettingzoneDOToddscheckerDOTcom and you will find links to all of them.

The best odds on Kiwis are by SportingOdds at 14:1

If I was a New Zealander, I would take a bet on that.
That's a good wager for me too, I'd be tempted to put money on them as when the Kiwis have it going, they're very good.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scaly piscine said:
The odds for India are hilarious, must be a lot of money being thrown away on them...
I am a novice at betting so please explaing how a lot of money makes a difference and how it has on the Indian betting odds.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
I am a novice at betting so please explaing how a lot of money makes a difference and how it has on the Indian betting odds.
The more people who bet on someone, the better the odds. It's the bookmaker's way of ensuring that they don't loose a crapload of money in the case of a surprise result. If everyone started betting on Bangladesh because they thought they were an outside chance and the odds were awful at 50-1, they would soon improve.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
Well basically the betting companies are trying to maximise their profits, so teams/individuals (India, Tendulkar etc.) that will attract a lot of money will usually be the poorest value.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
How many of you guys intend to bet on the world cup ?

I find that as on date, betdirect's 10 to 1 odds on Pakistan and England AND SportingOdds' 20:1 on Sri Lanka to be the most tempting :p
Isn't it a bit early?

telsor

U19 12th Man
It's an important thing to remember with betting odds that they have little to do with the chance of a particular event happening and everything to do with how much money has been ( or is likely to be ) wagered on that event happening.

Spotting the difference between these 2 is a good way to bet 'successfully'.

Link

State Vice-Captain
Always get goods odds on the english, the bokkies never back them. The best outsiders to australia.
Or how about the west indies who won the CT. They won the last ODI evet but they will again be outsiders.

They are my tips for the day

BoyBrumby

Englishman
NZ each way @ 14s looks to be the value bet. One third odds on a final place. England or Pakistan @ 10s not bad value either.

Can't see past the Aussies for a win, but with 13/8 the best odds on offer you ain't gonna get v rich on it!

As an outside bet, what about KP for top runscorer? I'd bet early if you're tempted 'cos I think he'll attract a lot of money & his odds will come in.

& I'd say Brett Lee may be worth a quid or two as top wicket taker. Depends what odds you can get.

Link

State Vice-Captain
ths is more predictions really, but i would go with Astle the top run scorer and also Lee leading wicket taker