• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes predictions

Who will win the Ashes?

• England

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Australia

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Awesome to see that even after the next match, the series is still up for grabs. :)

King_Ponting

International Regular
Nnanden said:
Awesome to see that even after the next match, the series is still up for grabs. :)
No if australia win then the ashes is australias!!! But the series can still be drawn......

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
a massive zebra said:
Our batting looks strong, but I do not believe England have the bowlers to bowl Australia out twice.

Flintoff - a decent enough stock bowler who will consistently do a job but rarely runs through sides.

Hoggard - England's best bowler in the form of his life who bowls a steady line at decent pace and has the ability to swing the ball both ways.

Harmison - an outrageously overrated bowler with severe mental frailties who seems unable to adapt his bowling to the circumstances and prays on weaker teams.

Giles - a mediocre Test bowler who remains very reliant on spinning wickets, and cannot be expected to cause Australia much trouble.

Jones/Anderson - very wayward bowlers who struggle for a consistent line and length and will be destroyed by Australia.

With just two good bowlers we cannot be expected to win a match, but our good batting lineup should prevent a whitewash.

My Prediction: Australia 3-0 England
Ah.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
It's getting pretty tight now but I reckon it will be a 2 - 2 drawn series. The Aussies will come back fighting in the next test and England will probably win at the Oval.