Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: batsmen in modern times (since helmets) who never worn helmets??

batsmen in modern times (since helmets) who never worn helmets??

I may stand to be corrected but the only 2 i can think of since helmets were introduced to never wear one were..

Viv Richards and Richie Richardson. Can't think of anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12
    I may stand to be corrected but the only 2 i can think of since helmets were introduced to never wear one were..

Viv Richards and Richie Richardson. Can't think of anyone else.
    Shane Warne didnt in the 90s for a lot of time. He used to bat with a floppy hat to the spinners.

mee! hehehe, i tend to get out the moment i put my helmet on so i rarely wear it now

The UAE batsman in the 1996 World Cup (can't remember his name...) who faced Allan Donald wearing a floppy hat. And retired hurt not long afterwards. Floppy hat facing Donald...what a legend.

What about batsmen who use helmets without grills? Matt Horne comes to mind.
    JEC Franklin in Tests:
    41 Wickets at 28.70

School Boy/Girl Captain ch00baka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amiller
    RT Latham... what a clot.
    Scott Styris > You.

R.Twose ?

allan border, matthew elliott used to not.

i remember one boxing day (about 96 i reckon) when curtly and courtney were in their prime and ponting came out in a baggy hat to them and hooked and pulled like a madman.

Hooper didnt usually wear the full helmet

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_
    The UAE batsman in the 1996 World Cup (can't remember his name...) who faced Allan Donald wearing a floppy hat. And retired hurt not long afterwards. Floppy hat facing Donald...what a legend.
    "Sultan Zarawani captained the UAE side during their brief participation in the 1996 World Cup. He was the only native-born player, with almost all his team-mates being recently-imported immigrants. A legspinner and middle-order batsman, he learned the basics of the game while at school in Pakistan and went on to lead the UAE to 12 straight victories in the ICC Trophy, ensuring their qualification for the World Cup. He is best remembered for going out to face a rampant Allan Donald wearing only a sunhat. An unimpressed Donald dug one in, and sure enough, scored a direct hit on Zarawani’s head – he survived the blow but lasted just another eight balls. As a cricketer, Zarawani was in over his head, but he probably didn’t mind too much. A wealthy man, he was probably the only player in the tournament to own more than a dozen expensive cars." Cricinfo profile
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

International Debutant
    I remember Ken Rutherford getting a top edge into his face trying to pull a ball on a ENG Tour..............he wasn't wearing a helmet then but not sure if it was a regular thing or not.........

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    i remember one boxing day (about 96 i reckon) when curtly and courtney were in their prime and ponting came out in a baggy hat to them and hooked and pulled like a madman.
    I've got highlights of that match (it was the 'Gabba because Ponting was dropped for Langer in the Boxing Day Test) and that in addition to what I remember, at no stage was Ponting without a helmet. Certainly not in the highlights. To be honest, I can scarcely remember a time where he has been without one. Mark Waugh seemed to be of a similar ilk; rarely took his helmet off even when the spinners were on.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Michael Clarke in the 90's on his way to a maiden Test ton.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Carl 'the cool' Hooper
    Making a crickweb comeback, long time no see!!
    Msn : linkswl@fsmail.net

The best of the best!!

Oh yeah, in hayden's innings of 380, i think he got bored with the zimbabwean pace attack and thought he would try and make batting harder so he batted on with his hat. I supose this is not too hard when your fastest bowler is andy blignaut

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information