• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket fashions

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I read an article on the putting your collar up by Hyderabadi cricket players over the years. Azharuddin and even Raju followed the tradition in the 90s. Laxman is the torch bearer for the moment.

A cricket fashion I liked was M.Waugh wearing a cap while bowling.

The glasses of Tendulkar always rock as did the glasses of Mark Waugh.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
I read an article on the putting your collar up by Hyderabadi cricket players over the years. Azharuddin and even Raju followed the tradition in the 90s. Laxman is the torch bearer for the moment.

A cricket fashion I liked was M.Waugh wearing a cap while bowling.

The glasses of Tendulkar always rock as did the glasses of Mark Waugh.
It was Greg Matthews who wore his cap when bowling, if Mark Waugh did it, it wasn't as often as Greg Matthews.

I like the guys who have courage to wear the floppy-white hat when batting.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mister Wright said:
It was Greg Matthews who wore his cap when bowling, if Mark Waugh did it, it wasn't as often as Greg Matthews.

I like the guys who have courage to wear the floppy-white hat when batting.
Then I assume you are the first Australian to like Arjuna Ranatunga in any way.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
- richie richardson's maroon floppy he wore when batting.
- mark waugh's collar always up.
- adam parore's sweatbands.
more to come...

masterblaster

International Captain
I believe Vinod Kambli was one of the originators in batting with the 'bandana' on your head just underneath the helmet. Now Virender Sehwag, Sourav Ganguly and a whole lot of other batsmen use the 'bandana'.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
masterblaster said:
I believe Vinod Kambli was one of the originators in batting with the 'bandana' on your head just underneath the helmet. Now Virender Sehwag, Sourav Ganguly and a whole lot of other batsmen use the 'bandana'.
Ramesh Sarwan too if I'm not mistaken.

Scallywag

Banned
age_master said:
the collar up is really popular, lots of people do that these days, not sure who started it
Putting the collar up has been around for at least 25 years, we do it to prevent our necks from getting sunburnt.

12th Man

U19 12th Man
chanderpaul's black sticker to supposedly stop the glare was good.

what about jack russell's crazy hat, and the sunglasses he wore, almost whatever the wheather

Scallywag

Banned
12th Man said:
chanderpaul's black sticker to supposedly stop the glare was good.

what about jack russell's crazy hat, and the sunglasses he wore, almost whatever the wheather
The kiwis wear rubber boots whatever the wheather. :D

iamdavid

International Debutant
I think Ian Chappell was the one who made the collar up look popular.

I notice alot of the English and South African players wearing the coloured bangles on their wrists aswell.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
iamdavid said:
I think Ian Chappell was the one who made the collar up look popular.
From what the article by Mukul Kesavan in Widen Asia cricket says, the Hyderabadi players have been putting the collar up for years.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Maybe so....but Ian Chappell's time was what I would call years ago and I know he's the one who made it popular down under.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
There was the solar topee that was used tpo protect against the sun in the subcontinent.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
From what the article by Mukul Kesavan in Widen Asia cricket says, the Hyderabadi players have been putting the collar up for years.
Yes. I can confirm from 1961 onwards from the time I first saw Jaisimha. He never had his collars down.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
Yes. I can confirm from 1961 onwards from the time I first saw Jaisimha. He never had his collars down.
And he also tied a handkerchief around his neck.