Page 1 of 1064 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

East London/West Essex whichever you like
    Oh come on, 2 months early. Must be looking forward to us getting mauled. Well, i got news for you mate.
    I hereby declare myself founder and leader of JAAS-James Anderson Appreciation Society

my favourite upcoming players
    AN Cook[Essex], IR Bell[Waricks]

Proud Member of Kevin Pietesen's Appreciation Society.

Glenn McGrath - 30 deliveries - 2 runs - 5 wickets

Bowling O M R W
    Harmison 12.3 8 12 7

Two most destructive pieces of bowling i have ever witnessed

Not that far away actually, first game of the tour is the 11th of June against Leicestershire

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Okay, tips? There's been a lot of other threads about the Ashes already, so most of us have already made them.

Mine is 3-1 Australia. They will go 2-0 up after 2 or 3 tests, England will get one back and have a hope of equalling it in the 5th, but lose that as well. Largely Australia will be in control of the series, but watch for at least one or two major batting collapses when Hoggard, Harmy and Flintoff get things right. Leading English batsman will be Strauss, Vaughan will do well while Thorpe and Pietersen will struggle, and watch for Flintoff to have one brilliant century and struggle for the rest of the series. Leading English bowler will be Hoggard, who will do the hard work throughout the series and come out of it averaging under 30, unlike the other English bowlers.

For Australia, Ponting and Martyn will dominate with the bat, Hayden will continue to have a rough time of it aside from maybe one knock, and Clarke will struggle early in the series but then come good. Gilchrist to hit a mandatory century as well. McGrath the leading wicket taker, followed by Warne... same old. Kasprowicz will do enough throughout the series to just keep Lee on the sidelines barring injury, and will terrorise the English left-handers with the odd spell, but won't have a great time of it.

Australia to go undefeated through the ODIs, with Lee and Symonds having an excellent run.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Banned
    Strange that you have selected Ponting and Martyn to dominate with the bat when England bowlers are the worst against left handed batsmen.

Aus have Langer Hayden Gilchrist and Katich who are left handed with Hussey also a leftie, Eng will need to be bowling at their best to contain the Aussies but I dont htink they will have the firepower to blast them out twice in one game.

Dont be suprised to see Lee get a test and to do well when the chance comes up.

Aus 4-0

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Strange that you have selected Ponting and Martyn to dominate with the bat when England bowlers are the worst against left handed batsmen.
    Didn't the Windies have a lot of lefties?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Breakout Champion!
    I think it'll be 3-1 to Australia

In a perfect world it would be 5-0 to England, with Flintoff and Vaughan scoring centuries out of their a***s and Anderson, Sajid Mahmood and Flintoff (in between bowling Lancashire to the quadruple of the championship Div 2, C&G, National League div 1 and Twenty20 ) spearheading the England attack which tames Hayden, Ponting, Langer, Martyn, Gilchrist and Clarke, who only score the one century between them whilst Glenn McGrath shows them how to do it with 2. The Aussies go home dejected and a long period of England dominance. In the end, Australia get so desperate they get the scummy Chris "I think I'm bigger than Lancashire so when they sack me I take them to court" Schofield to go over there and play for New South Wales whilst waiting for him to qualify for residency so he can play for them. However, he gets sent to prison after it being found out he was an illegal immigrant and lives torturously ever after.
    After that little bit to show mr Schofield that NOBODY is bigger than Lancashire, the Ashes would be contested competitively and fairly forever and ever. The End

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Kallis was easily the best South African batsman, and last time I checked he wasn't left-handed. I expect Ponting and Martyn to average over 50 in the series and do the best of the lot, not necessarily for everyone else to fail.

Dont be suprised to see Lee get a test and to do well when the chance comes up.
    If he gets a shot I expect him to do well, but I can't see him getting one unless Kasprowicz continues to fail.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    3-1 to Australia. I'm not going to pick out players for individual performances, because it's about team strength - and this Australian team have enough of that to more than match the second-best team in the world.

Put me down in the 'Brett will do well if he gets into the side' camp too
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Pinball Champion!
    4-0 mauling in my book.. And thats not because England are sub-par or anything, Australia just play a different game..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    I think it'll be 3-1 to Australia

In a perfect world it would be 5-0 to England, with Flintoff and Vaughan scoring centuries out of their a***s and Anderson, Sajid Mahmood and Flintoff (in between bowling Lancashire to the quadruple of the championship Div 2, C&G, National League div 1 and Twenty20 ) spearheading the England attack which tames Hayden, Ponting, Langer, Martyn, Gilchrist and Clarke, who only score the one century between them whilst Glenn McGrath shows them how to do it with 2. The Aussies go home dejected and a long period of England dominance. In the end, Australia get so desperate they get the scummy Chris "I think I'm bigger than Lancashire so when they sack me I take them to court" Schofield to go over there and play for New South Wales whilst waiting for him to qualify for residency so he can play for them. However, he gets sent to prison after it being found out he was an illegal immigrant and lives torturously ever after.
    After that little bit to show mr Schofield that NOBODY is bigger than Lancashire, the Ashes would be contested competitively and fairly forever and ever. The End

heh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Kallis was easily the best South African batsman, and last time I checked he wasn't left-handed. I expect Ponting and Martyn to average over 50 in the series and do the best of the lot, not necessarily for everyone else to fail.

England seem to have a weakness against Left handers and I expect Aus to take full advantage of it.

England seem to have a weakness against Left handers and I expect Aus to take full advantage of it.
    Really?

Could you reveal your sources, please? I believe that the West Indies, New Zealand and South Africa all had the odd southpaw in their sides.

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    However, he gets sent to prison after it being found out he was an illegal immigrant and lives torturously ever after.
    Not for stealing a loaf like the rest of them?

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    i would be happy with a 4-1 or 3-0 to Australia

But would love a 5-0 with a couple of inngs defeats as well
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Thread Information