• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hayden is rarely seen in the outfield in ODI matches, as far as I can remember. And Katich is quite a rapid scorer, he accumulates, rather than bludgeons. In the end, I would have thought that Katich would match Hayden strike rate wise, just with less boundaries...and probably more runs to his name too.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Hayden is rarely seen in the outfield in ODI matches, as far as I can remember. And Katich is quite a rapid scorer, he accumulates, rather than bludgeons. In the end, I would have thought that Katich would match Hayden strike rate wise, just with less boundaries...and probably more runs to his name too.
i have seen Hayden patrolling the boundaries many of times, Katich can be agressive but without doubt Hayden hits it harder than Katich, i'm not sure if Katich's 6 match 20/20 experience will give him the nod.But has i said it would be interesting to see what the selectors do.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Hayden's ability to hit is overated.. certainly he is very powerfull and can land some massive blows but his placemnt sucks.. He is far better at hitting out in test cricket when there are less people in the deep.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Do you guys think the 400 hundred mark will be broken in the NatWest Series. I noticed that England went at just under 6 runs a over in the 2nd Test, so you would think that in ODI with fielding and bowling limits them or Australia might be able to go at 8, on a flat tracker. Also the 200 mark for a player could be under threat as well, if Bangladesh don't imprve their bowling. It seems that teams are starting to work out Rafique, which isn't good news for Bangladesh.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the combo to watch out for in the Aus Eng ODI's will be Clarke / Symonds / Hussey down the order for mine. all excellent fielders too and could effect a few run outs.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I think it was a cowardly decision to not play Enamul Haque Jr. in the Tests. He's the best Bangladesh bowler barring Rafique and Mortaza.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Do you guys think the 400 hundred mark will be broken in the NatWest Series. I noticed that England went at just under 6 runs a over in the 2nd Test, so you would think that in ODI with fielding and bowling limits them or Australia might be able to go at 8, on a flat tracker. Also the 200 mark for a player could be under threat as well, if Bangladesh don't imprve their bowling. It seems that teams are starting to work out Rafique, which isn't good news for Bangladesh.

If Gilly or Ponting get going nothing is safe.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
the combo to watch out for in the Aus Eng ODI's will be Clarke / Symonds / Hussey down the order for mine. all excellent fielders too and could effect a few run outs.
If all 3 of them come in down the order, what will be the rest of the batting line up?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
My money on KP;)
Personally, I think Gilchrist is probably the most likely person to break the 200 mark in world cricket today. I thought for the life of me he was going to do it against Zimbabwe a couple of seasons back, before he threw it away in the 170s. He's not as consistent as some in OD cricket, but he's the best and most devastating hitter I have ever seen, and if things go right for him, especially against Bangladesh, it's certainly a possibility.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
If all 3 of them come in down the order, what will be the rest of the batting line up?
Maybe something like this:
Gilchrist
Hayden
Pointing
Martyn
Symonds
Clarke
Hussey
...bowlers

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Personally, I think Gilchrist is probably the most likely person to break the 200 mark in world cricket today. I thought for the life of me he was going to do it against Zimbabwe a couple of seasons back, before he threw it away in the 170s. He's not as consistent as some in OD cricket, but he's the best and most devastating hitter I have ever seen, and if things go right for him, especially against Bangladesh, it's certainly a possibility.
Maybe but Shewag shown in Test that he can bat for long periods of more often and more resently then Gilly, so i would say his the best beat but he isn't playing Zimbabwe, Bangla or Kenya any time soon.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Maybe but Shewag shown in Test that he can bat for long periods of more often and more resently then Gilly, so i would say his the best beat but he isn't playing Zimbabwe, Bangla or Kenya any time soon.
Gilly's got four centuries and a 50 in his last 5 test innings, so I don't think he's exactly in poor form. Sehwag is the other one I wouldn't be surprised to see do it, however.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Gilly's got four centuries and a 50 in his last 5 test innings, so I don't think he's exactly in poor form. Sehwag is the other one I wouldn't be surprised to see do it, however.
I didn't say he was in poor forum just that he hadn't scored many big scores lately compared to Sehwag

Eclipse

International Debutant
chaminda_00 said:
Gilchrist bat's at number 7 in tests dude lol..

it's just a tad harder to get the REALLY big scores batting that low..

Besides Shewag hasn't really show the ability to go on with his innings in ODI's as of yet.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Eclipse said:
Gilchrist bat's at number 7 in tests dude lol..

it's just a tad harder to get the REALLY big scores batting that low..

Besides Shewag hasn't really show the ability to go on with his innings in ODI's as of yet.
All im saying is if i had may last $10 and i had to beat on who would score 200 in ODI first i would go for Sehwag. Im sure their both capable, but it think Sehwag is slightly more likely to do it.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
It's already been done. :p