• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

King_Ponting

International Regular
wouldnt be uprised if tait and lee opened. actually i wouldnt be suprised if the played a 4 prong pace attack seeing as its a 20/20 match

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be surprised if the Aussies go too understrength for the 20/20 McGrath may get rested and Hayden might get a go, but that's about all I can see.

Probably be:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Symonds
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Hopes
Lee
Gillespie
Kasprowicz

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
I'd be surprised if the Aussies go too understrength for the 20/20 McGrath may get rested and Hayden might get a go, but that's about all I can see.

Probably be:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Symonds
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Hopes
Lee
Gillespie
Kasprowicz
whats hope doing there mate, he isn't in the sqaud

King_Ponting

International Regular
sorry my mistake...... wheres marto in that one day squad mate.... and whats hopes and watson doing there and no warnie?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
sorry my mistake...... wheres marto in that one day squad mate.... and whats hopes and watson doing there and no warnie?
:huh: well martyn will play, but Warne wont be playing mate, he is not part of the ODI sqaud either, he has retired from ODI cricket and is currently captaining hampshire over here in county cricket. Didn't you know that??

You seem kinda lost mate :happy:

King_Ponting

International Regular
sorry yeah howd u know im not thinking rite today........................ amazing what sleep deprivation will do to u

Scaly piscine

I think Australia will play the roughly same side as they played against NZ in that Twenty20. Hopes isn't in the squad so that'll be one change obviously - Watson will probably take his place.

So my guess at the side would be:

Gilchrist
Clarke
Symonds
Ponting
Martyn
Katich
Hussey
Watson
Lee
Kasprowicz
McGrath

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
I think Australia will play the roughly same side as they played against NZ in that Twenty20. Hopes isn't in the squad so that'll be one change obviously - Watson will probably take his place.

So my guess at the side would be:

Gilchrist
Clarke
Symonds
Ponting
Martyn
Katich
Hussey
Watson
Lee
Kasprowicz
McGrath
i think Hayden will play instead of Katich

Scaly piscine

I can't see the point in Hayden playing, he takes too long to get going and he doesn't score particularly quickly in limited overs stuff anyway. I also don't the see point in 'resting' McGrath when he's only going to bowl a maximum of 4 overs...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mister Wright said:
It does seem strange to say understrength and Hayden in the same sentence!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I doubt they'll rest McGrath, its only 4 overs he'll have to bowl and it will be good practice for the one dayers the next week.

Mister Wright

marc71178 said:
It does seem strange to say understrength and Hayden in the same sentence!
Hayden did not play in the last 20/20 and was injured for the end of the NZ one day series, so that is where that reference comes from.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
I can't see the point in Hayden playing, he takes too long to get going and he doesn't score particularly quickly in limited overs stuff anyway. I also don't the see point in 'resting' McGrath when he's only going to bowl a maximum of 4 overs...
come on mate, hayden does score at a Gilchrist rate, but he scores faster than Katich for sure, the main why Hyaden didn't play in the 20/20 game againts the Kiwis ealier this year was because he was out of form.

Well maybe McGrath may be rested but, i think thier is a higher possibility that he will play

Scaly piscine

aussie said:
come on mate, hayden does score at a Gilchrist rate, but he scores faster than Katich for sure, the main why Hyaden didn't play in the 20/20 game againts the Kiwis ealier this year was because he was out of form.

Well maybe McGrath may be rested but, i think thier is a higher possibility that he will play
Katich scores slightly faster according to their ODI stats so far, also Katich is used to batting in the middle order, Hayden isn't. Katich can also bowl a little bit, I have no idea what they're like as outfielders but I'd have thought since Katich is nearly 4 years younger he would be better at that as well. Katich also has more Twenty20 experience, 6 games to Hayden's none.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Katich scores slightly faster according to their ODI stats so far, also Katich is used to batting in the middle order, Hayden isn't. Katich can also bowl a little bit, I have no idea what they're like as outfielders but I'd have thought since Katich is nearly 4 years younger he would be better at that as well. Katich also has more Twenty20 experience, 6 games to Hayden's none.
na hayden can be more destructive in a 20/20 game than Katich for me, in the outfield they are pretty even for me. But it will be interesting to see what the selectors will do