• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

howardj

International Coach
Slow Love™ said:
I think he will be picked, and I think he should be picked. And I have high hopes that Kasper will vindicate that choice. I had hoped for Lee/McGrath/Kasper/Warne from the beginning.

As to the weather, it looks interesting - might make my 2-1 prediction at the outset at the series a little more likely (it was looking extremely unlikely about a week ago).
The Nottingham weather looks OK on the CricInfo link

http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/midlands.html

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
When I left home this morning from the laughingly-named Nottingham East Midlands Airport (in Leicestershire, post code Derby, nowhere near Nottingham), it was pouring.

When I spoke to the missus half an hour ago, it was pouring.

4 days to go - it'll stop.

howardj

International Coach
Slow Love™ said:
I was just going on Pedro's comment earlier, to be honest. Can't tell much beyond Friday, but it does look like the rain is clearing a bit by Thursday.
Maybe all this talk of weather will prompt Ponting to put England in again!

Slow Love™

International Captain
howardj said:
Maybe all this talk of weather will prompt Ponting to put England in again!
Heh - although it's possible he'll have developed a pathological aversion to it similar to the one he has for enforcing the follow-on... :)

I'll say one thing - Tait has a media hype squad that's really rivalling Brett Lee's. Watching the TV news and reading the papers you'd think he'd already been selected.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slow Love™ said:
Heh - although it's possible he'll have developed a pathological aversion to it similar to the one he has for enforcing the follow-on... :)

I'll say one thing - Tait has a media hype squad that's really rivalling Brett Lee's. Watching the TV news and reading the papers you'd think he'd already been selected.
Dennis Lillee advocates his inclusion, and that's good enough for me - get him in the side.

(I'm working on the premise that Lillee's been wrong about everything else he's said about the Ashes series, so I think he's on a roll)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Dennis Lillee advocates his inclusion, and that's good enough for me - get him in the side.

(I'm working on the premise that Lillee's been wrong about everything else he's said about the Ashes series, so I think he's on a roll)
He was right about Sri Lanka in the '96 world cup though. Maybe this is his second time lucky. :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
King_Ponting said:
Yes - get it bad in summer sometimes (due to hay fever).

Better ask Warney's mum's chemist's best customer what he recommends to get me back on my feet as quickly as possible.

His powers of recovery are legendary - especially if there's a camera around.

:D

King_Ponting

International Regular
luckyeddie said:
Yes - get it bad in summer sometimes (due to hay fever).

Better ask Warney's mum's chemist's best customer what he recommends to get me back on my feet as quickly as possible.

His powers of recovery are legendary - especially if there's a camera around.

:D
One wonders whether Mcgrath got some pills from Warnies mum.... 6 days to recover from a ligament tear...... amazing

Monty

U19 Cricketer
i Hope the line up will be
1.Langer
2.Jacques
3.Ponting
4.Clarke
5.Hodge
6.Hussey M
7.Gilchrist WK C
8. Warne
9.Tait
10.Lee
11.Mcgrath

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
King_Ponting said:
Nope he isnt in the squad. No call up as of yet. Jaques isnt in the squad either
Ahh I see, it's a "the team I would pick" eleven.
Well I'd have Symonds in mine if I was that way inclined.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Monty said:
i Hope the line up will be
1.Langer
2.Jacques
3.Ponting
4.Clarke
5.Hodge
6.Hussey M
7.Gilchrist WK C
8. Warne
9.Tait
10.Lee
11.Mcgrath
I really dont see how you can justify dropping Martyn as an england fan id be delighted too see Hodge in that middle order than Martyn who despite his recent poor scores i think will get a big score soon, he doesnt really look out of touch too me