• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
aussie said:
how dear you diss the GREAT ADAM GILCHRIST :dry: , do you want to die :p
Come on mate, even you must admit Gilchrist's footwork this series has been worse than even the likes of Harmison - at least he managed to use his feet to the spinners effectively. :p

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aslong as england win i would actualy be happy too see Gilchrist get some runs in the next test because as everyone knows he is a great player and im sure he will bounce back

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pothas said:
Aslong as england win i would actualy be happy too see Gilchrist get some runs in the next test because as everyone knows he is a great player and im sure he will bounce back
I echo that.

He could get 502* and I wouldn't care as long as England won. :D

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, I have no doubt he'll do something big. But I've no idea what!
That's what would make it interesting. Every fast bowler picked by Australia for the last few years has had the pressure of expectation upon debut. Tait, well, no-one's really sure what will happen. It'd be an interesting move by the selectors but I think Kasper has to play, personally. At this stage of the series, with it getting REALLY tight, they need a high-percentage performer.

Can he bat?
Nope. Has a FC 50 but he's a bunny.

Bit of a gory scene here with Tim Roberts, eh?

http://content.cricinfo.com/australia/content/image/216707.html

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top_Cat said:
That's what would make it interesting. Every fast bowler picked by Australia for the last few years has had the pressure of expectation upon debut. Tait, well, no-one's really sure what will happen. It'd be an interesting move by the selectors but I think Kasper has to play, personally. At this stage of the series, with it getting REALLY tight, they need a high-percentage performer.
Even if no one is not sure what will happen he will still be under a lot of pressure considering the situation the series is in he really would be expected too perform which is as you say probably why they will play kasper

Woody_cloudofsm

School Boy/Girl Captain
kasper for sure

man its too late in teh seris peopel are just forgetting ho well kasper has done in his last 20 odd tests bowling average of 25 and he has 3 wickets at 30 in this seris in one test he can reverse swing the ball and bowl for you all day, tait may do well only because his action makes the ball so difficult to pick up out of the hand like malinga or edwards, he may be a hand full may get pumelled for 6 an over either way to big a risk stay with the campaigner kasper, gillespie will never play a test again.

shaka

International Regular
I think Kasper will be picked because of his experience, and he bowled quite well in the 2day match that was just completed.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tait's got a few things going for him. He's got extreme pace and he's quite capable of reverse-swinging the ball, which are two areas that the Australian selectors would be looking to catch up to England. Picking him would put a great deal of pressure on Lee though, who would be required to bowl better than he has at times in this series and be capable of keeping an end tight. I'd like to see Tait in the side, but I'd still expect it to be Kasprowicz.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ive got a feeling we might with tait, his extra pace will upset the english batsmen. Kasper is too much like Dizzy and i dont think hes in good form either so Tait should play. As Ponting was suggesting the other day apart from Lee none of our bowlers are using the old ball well and Tait will get reverse swing, if he plays and gets it right he will worry the poms...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well the selectors have 2 options now either go for the high-percantage performer option of Kasper or the young exciting, quick but unperdictable Tait, some may say go for Kasper with the series at a knife edge while some will rather Tait but ya never know lads i have a gut feeling that if he plays he is going to do something special with the ball :D