• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Err, wow. What happened to that ball from Lee? Kept low and moved from outside off to way down leg off the pitch. And this is what? Day 1?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez, I'm usually sleep by now when the ODI's are on. I couldn't sleep if I tried with the game the way it is! Bugger one-dayers, you never see tension like this in anything other than Tests.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
FaaipDeOiad said:
Err, wow. What happened to that ball from Lee? Kept low and moved from outside off to way down leg off the pitch. And this is what? Day 1?
The bouncer from Gillespie the previous over also had a awkward bounce.

The pitch is definitely playing up too early.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Thought on J.N.Gillespie's bowling so far?
heis been good with his line but has erred in lenght a few times, but hasn't looked like getting anyone out presently.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Thought the last two balls summed his spell up, thus far. Bowled a pearler, got us all thinking that he's turning a corner, and then an unthreatening short ball that's well dispatched by Jones.

Slow Love™

International Captain
SBS is due to end transmission in about five minutes. Not sure about their overtime policy. Apparently there's around 18 overs left today.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Time to give Warnie a go methinks. Very even if England go to stumps without losing another.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
not too pleased about that over from brett, time to get shane into the attack even though its seaming a bit it could be worth seeing if the pitch has any turn...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Time to give Warnie a go methinks. Very even if England go to stumps without losing another.
Yep. Last Gillespie over I'd say... either that or he will replace Lee immediately after this over.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
When's the last time fifteen wickets fell on the first day of a Test?

Geraint's slowly working his way up from "useless-wickie" to "hero" in my book :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
When's the last time fifteen wickets fell on the first day of a Test?
i remember 17 falling in Kandy last year & i think 15 or almost 15 fell on the 1st day of the darwin test...