• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
social said:
You should be listening to Boycott dissecting Bell's poor footwork on TV at the moment :D

And BTW, Ive already stated that Aus werent up to scratch.
Well to be fair to Bell that performance isn't characteristic of him, I'd put it down to great bowling and nerves.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Yea but nearly all of those have been batting the first innings of Test, or batting second innings of the Test against a big score. Regardless as much as all the people who make the pitch is a bowler's paradise because Australia got bowled out for 190, I think it's a good cricket wicket and whoever bats well will make runs.
Still think anyone who complains about the pitch is biased towards Australia?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Gloucefan said:
Oh I'm sorry he dissapointed you, you expected more?

Australia's innings wasn't exactlty a great example of how to bat in a test, in fact they were p*ss. At least the England players can point at Mcgrath and consistent world class bowling. I expected more from Australia but I won't judge them on a single innings.
Ah, the difference between shot selection and technique lost on you? :p ;)

I understand that your only trying to make a point, but the above is also relevant. Shot selection can be rectified within a series - technique rarely can. Just as everyone is pointing out with Clarke.

Last edited:

King_Ponting

International Regular
And peitersen has finally taken my advice and is getting as far forward as he can. It only took him, what like 15 overs to realise it

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that in this crisis situation, of the current team, I don't think England could wish for a better combination than the two currently at the crease. Two attacking players who also have real fight in them. Great stuff!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top_Cat said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that in this crisis situation, of the current team, I don't think England could wish for a better combination than the two currently at the crease. Two attacking players who also have real fight in them. Great stuff!
The Thorpe admirers might disagree with you there, it's interesting how Pietersen has been like Thorpe so far this game - rubbish fielding and gritty, good defensively batting.

Top_Cat

The Thorpe admirers might disagree with you there
That's why I said of the current team. :D

it's interesting how Pietersen has been like Thorpe so far this game - rubbish fielding and gritty, good defensively batting.
Indeed and he has hit one pretty glorious boundary too. Jones has also batted so well already.

Top_Cat

Thought on J.N.Gillespie's bowling so far?
Has been consistent with his line but length has occasionally gone a bit short but to counter-balance that, a couple of balls have hit the seam and lifted at Jones. In short, not bad.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Pratyush said:
Thought on J.N.Gillespie's bowling so far?
Reasonable without being fantastic. That little bit of shape towards the end of that last over was promising.

Not sure what Jones was doing before when he got hit. Looked as though he was shaping to pull it - despite the fact that if anything it was full of a good length and this pitch is probably the worst you could find for pull shots - let alone ones in line with the stumps.