Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 102 of 1064 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 15955
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

International Regular King_Ponting's Avatar
    Im sure they did. Although i dont think Lee will hold anything bak next time he bowls to Flintoff...... Needs to get him bak for those short deliveries at him.

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    OK, you guys have me partially convinced on Clarke - it felt like he'd been bowling better than that though. It's very hard to get a handle on what's a decent over in this Twenty/20 caper.

I just hope I never again hear complaints from the English about parochial Aussie commentary though - how about David Lloyd's performance? "Smack 'im!!"... "You call these guys pros, Darren???". I don't remember him being so like that before - it was worse than Ian Smith.

Actually, scratch that, it wasn't. But it was almost as bad.
    Bumble just gets over-excited.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    A county trundler who swings it a bit. He's really nothing special, if England suffer an injury Tremlett would be a much better choice imo.
    He may be the fourth seamer, unless they choose Kabir Ali, who goes for lots of runs but picks up wickets regularly. The most certain selections are Gough, Harmison, Flintoff and the spinner. Who should be picked as the fourth seamer?
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Because it exists even less. In 20/20 cricket, if a bowler has it all over you, all you do is have to see out a few deliveries and they are out of the attack. In ODIs, you have to face them far longer, and if you keep stuggling against them you will either get out or severely hamper your team by being unable to score.
    i can assure you that if you just 'see off' a bowler in 20-20 cricket, your team will be even more severely hampered than in ODIs, given that every over counts in 20-20 cricket. seriously how many times have we seen bowlers like vettori, flintoff, pollock, murali and the like 'seen off' in ODIs, only for the rest of the bowlers to be hammered all over the park on the way to 300+ totals?
    and why do we need to have bowlers 'working out' batsmen? a successful test match or ODI bowler doesnt necessarily have to be a successful 20-20 bowler.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Harmison isn't a certain pick, neither is Batty. There's also Simon J in the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    Harmison isn't a certain pick, neither is Batty. There's also Simon J in the equation.
    Simon Jones has a massive List-A bowling average, which may limit his chances of making the starting lineup.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    He's also onbly bowled about 10 times in it.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    I just hope I never again hear complaints from the English about parochial Aussie commentary though - how about David Lloyd's performance? "Smack 'im!!"... "You call these guys pros, Darren???". I don't remember him being so like that before - it was worse than Ian Smith.

Actually, scratch that, it wasn't. But it was almost as bad.
    i love this one:
    "Could these men in yellow shirts be Derbyshire in disguise?"
    ~ http://sport.telegraph.co.uk/sport/m...questid=133138

Quote Originally Posted by King_Ponting
    Im sure they did. Although i dont think Lee will hold anything bak next time he bowls to Flintoff...... Needs to get him bak for those short deliveries at him.
    from what i gather, lee tested flintoff with the short stuff when he came out to bat, so it was more a taste of his own medicine, albeit a more severe taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    Simon Jones has a massive List-A bowling average, which may limit his chances of making the starting lineup.
    i cant see any reason why he shouldnt be selected, when he was quite brilliant in the warm up game against hampshire.

International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    The Jones that got that average is nothing like the Jones we have today, he's 10x more accurate than he was when he first started playing.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    indeed, i can see England not bothering to play Batty on thursday and playing Jones, Harmison, Gough and Lewis/Ali, and then making a decision against the Aussies based on the pitch.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    It seems like Lewis will be picked after his excellent 20/20 debut. Gough is a certainty, as is Flintoff. I certainly can't see Collingwood getting left out either.

So...
    Trescothick
    Jones
    Vaughan
    Pietersen
    Flintoff
    Strauss
    Collingwood
    Lewis
    Gough
    Jones
    Harmison

Something like that? It's also possible one of Jones and Harmison will miss out, and Solanki will play with Collingwood and Vaughan making up 10? That would seem a pretty daft move though, the above side looks fairly solid.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

My favourite comment on the 20/20 thus far has come from The Mirror's Mike Walters:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tm_obj...name_page.html

He says,

To describe Australia's four-man pace attack as pie-throwers at such an early stage of their tour would be premature, not to mention a red rag. But Gillespie, Lee, McGrath and Mike Kasprowicz shipped 139 runs in just 14 overs between them, and Messrs Pukka, Kipling, Bentos and Ginster could scarcely have fared any worse.

After the pie-chucking accusations we've had from the cheaper Antipodean seats over the years it's nice to be able to give a bit back, however tongue-in-cheek.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"There’s only one head bigger than Geoffrey Boycott’s and that’s Birkenhead." -FS Trueman

Global Moderator Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    It seems like Lewis will be picked after his excellent 20/20 debut. Gough is a certainty, as is Flintoff. I certainly can't see Collingwood getting left out either.

So...
    Trescothick
    Jones
    Vaughan
    Pietersen
    Flintoff
    Strauss
    Collingwood
    Lewis
    Gough
    Jones
    Harmison

Something like that? It's also possible one of Jones and Harmison will miss out, and Solanki will play with Collingwood and Vaughan making up 10? That would seem a pretty daft move though, the above side looks fairly solid.
    I think that's the side they will select - I'm hoping they'll see the ridicule in having Strauss as far down as six, though, and put Colly at six and Geraint at seven and push Strauss up to open.

Edit: Actually, they'll likely pick Batty over Simon Jones, because I can't remember the last time an England side went in without any spinners.
    Last edited by Magrat Garlick; 14-06-2005 at 12:57 PM.
    once you think you're out they pull you back in

I mean, before Harrisburg, it was highly improbable that what happened in Harrisburg could ever happen, but as soon as it did, the probability happened to go up to no less than 100 percent, so it was almost certain that it had happened.

Thread Information