Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1002 of 1064 FirstFirst ... 25029029529921000100110021003100410121052 ... LastLast
Results 15,016 to 15,030 of 15955
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

State Vice-Captain Demolition Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tassietiger
    This whole situation is very typical of the old traditional England. If Michael Vaughan was simply being offered light and taking it, then I could understand that. Who wouldn't take it. But the constant nagging of the umpires that he's been doing while batting and fielding shows a lack of confidence in his team's abilities, and also shows that deep down he knows that he is up against a superior outfit in the Australians, because he is doing all of this despite having an innings lead. So typical of them to try all the tricks they can find to win the Ashes without winning the Test.

I noticed he hit a couple of nice fours of Glenn McGrath and was seeing the ball very nicely, which therefore means that whenever he misses Warney's deliveries, it is due to Warne being a star, and nothing to do with bad light.

Coming out with the sunglasses - bloody hell, that was hilarious.
    Unfortunatley moral victories like this are not what wins the ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Clarke's a pretty decent bowler really. He doesn't turn the ball a hell of a lot, but Katich doesn't turn it enough to actually take wickets with his turn, and Clarke is far more accurate, so he's a better pick. He actually takes wickets fairly often when he bowls in tests, if his back improves somewhat he could be handy for a long time.
    Very much so, I would say he is the Aussies 5th bowling option and not having him avaliable this series has been detrimental at times.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolition Man
    Very much so, I would say he is the Aussies 5th bowling option and not having him avaliable this series has been detrimental at times.
    I don't think it made a huge difference, but certainly he bowled in every test in New Zealand, so Ponting likes to use him.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

I think if Warne can win the game for us today he moves within sight of Bradman. I do not think anyone will ever catch The Don but as they say you need to peform 3 miracles to become a saint..... St. Shane in my reckoning has 2 for sure, the gatting ball 93 and 'the great escape' in chandigarh 96. Sure he was good in WC 99 but hey we are talking miracles here.
    Last edited by Demolition Man; 11-09-2005 at 10:32 PM.

I don't think it made a huge difference, but certainly he bowled in every test in New Zealand, so Ponting likes to use him.
    He is a more attacking bowler than katich in my opinion, aided by the impetuousness of youth perhaps. Not unlike a handy Mark Waugh type .

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    I am appalled at this Australian side.

However big a supporter you may be of the Aussies,
    however little difference you my think it made,
    whatever may be the final result of this test
    there is no way to justify Australian batsmen walking off the field at least twice on being offered the light !!

If it was their personal decision, I would have expected the skipper to be screaming himself blue in the face from the balcony if not running on to the field in desperation but to do it two days in a row ????

For this alone, I will not cry for them if they come within a whisker of winning this test and dont.
    and for this alone Ponting should be axed.

Sorry for the strong words but I am furious.

Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    I am appalled at this Australian side.

However big a supporter you may be of the Aussies,
    however little difference you my think it made,
    whatever may be the final result of this test
    there is no way to justify Australian batsmen walking off the field at least twice on being offered the light !!

If it was their personal decision, I would have expected the skipper to be screaming himself blue in the face from the balcony if not running on to the field in desperation but to do it two days in a row ????

For this alone, I will not cry for them if they come within a whisker of winning this test and dont.
    and for this alone Ponting should be axed.

Sorry for the strong words but I am furious.
    I'd say yesterday proved that the decision to come off wasn't altogether such a bad one. Good bowling by Hoggard and Flintoff wasn't the only reason Australia lost 8-90. I'd say the light played a fair part as well. At 0-112 Australia were still miles behind. Now losing 8-90 at that stage wouldn't look (as Geoff Boycott would say) too clever.

Ponting has copped way too much flak on this tour. I agree he has his shortcomings in some aspects of his captaincy but do you REALLY think he is making all these decisions on his own?? Just look at the way he consults his teammates on the field. He always takes input from his players and has always stated that that's the way he captains.

I'd say alot of his decisions are made by him AND his team so I guess you better start axing the rest of them as well.

Request Your Custom Title Now! honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertinho
    Uhh, more like Warne manages it virtually every time.
    That shot by Strauss, and the shot by Tresco in the first innings were extremely ordinary. Even Tendulkar would get them out if they bat this way against leg spin.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Inexplicable that.
    Why? The commentators kept saying how, under normal conditions, even Australia would not have batted in the light that they were batting in earlier. If the light is bad (and Langer and Hayden didn't help their cause by going off on day 2,)so if the light is at that reading or poorer, the England batsmen have every right to go off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999
    No it's not, it's called trying to win, Aussie used to do it but as soon as they're losing, spirit of cricket is more important.

Gimme a H, Gimme a Y, Gimme a P, Gimme an O, Gimme a C, Gimme a R, Gimme an I, Gimme a T, Gimme an E.

What'd'ya get?
    Aussie captain.

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani
    That shot by Strauss, and the shot by Tresco in the first innings were extremely ordinary. Even Tendulkar would get them out if they bat this way against leg spin.
    Was I watching a different game or something???

Strauss was 120 odd and got out playing a forward defensive didn't he.....ordinary?? it's not as if he was playing a reverse cover drive?!?!?

I must be missing something from the start of this conversation.

Quite right, I think Ponting would have gone off too, although I don't think Taylor or Waugh would have.

That's not the point though, with spin from both ends the light shouldn't have been offered.
    If one of the spinners is Shane Warne, whose bowling England have problems picking in broad daylight, there certainly is "danger" of losing their wicket. The only thing that can be done is try and get a consensus amongst all cricketing captains around the world and change the rules somewhat. But according to the existing rules, what they did was right. There is no way any batsman in the world would be able to play Warne well in that dark.

Quote Originally Posted by sqwerty
    Was I watching a different game or something???

Strauss was 120 odd and got out playing a forward defensive didn't he.....ordinary?? it's not as if he was playing a reverse cover drive?!?!?

I must be missing something from the start of this conversation.
    Strauss in the second innings. Planting your front foot down with your bat alongside the pad is the worst way to play a spinner who is getting the ball to turn and bounce. That was a line from Rahul Dravid.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertinho
    Yes, God help the poor bugger who gets struck by those vicious beamers that Warney is able to produce...
    He did produce a fair few of them to Laxman when he was not able to get him out during that Eden epic. Why do you think he will be against doing it now?

What makes you think Australia are in a good position? They are very much in the game, but AFAIC, the game is even.

Thread Information