• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What would you perfer bowling or batting?

cricket player

International Debutant
I personally like batting more then bowling,I am a good bowler but batting is what I want to do,These days it is batsmans game and bowlers have no help from the pitch,what do you want to perfer bowling or batting?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
seconded, think most bowlers/allrounder will agree with you.
scoring a 50 is waay more cooler then take a 5r.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Bowling is so much better. I could bowl all the time, if school, food, sleep and calls of nature didn't get in the way

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
meh i was wrong then. most people i know agree :) though troubleing a batsman feels good too ;)

Dydl

International Debutant
I like the team to bat first, but I like fielding better....I don't bowl as well as I keep..

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SirBloody Idiot said:
Bowling.

I'm not at the crease long enough to enjoy batting.
Ditto.

Love bowling, I always bowl the first over of the innings, running in for the first ball is a great feeling.

Blaze

Banned
Kasper said:
Bowling-I like to hurt people, can't do that as a batsmen.

Funny you should say that.. I pulled a ball into someones face and he broke his nose this season

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've never actually hit anyone even though I'm a pace bowler. I even apologise after bowling bouncers. Team-mates hassle me for that. Only time I injured a guy was when I bowled to him and he bottom-edged the ball on to his thigh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I like neither. I prefer wicket keeping to both batting and bowling. It is always fun and given the level that I play in, it is a HUGE challenge as well, as my bowlers miss the target as regularly as McGrath hits them.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
_Ed_ said:
I've never actually hit anyone even though I'm a pace bowler. I even apologise after bowling bouncers. Team-mates hassle me for that. Only time I injured a guy was when I bowled to him and he bottom-edged the ball on to his thigh.
Our wicket was a bit juicy at the start of the season, and I broke someone's elbow. Unfortunately, he's one of the nicest guys we play against - a really good bloke. It'd be nice to get one of the guys who annoys you all the time instead. It obviously got him in the wrong spot though because I'm not particularly quick.

A couple of years back we were playing against a guy who was wearing a chest guard due to being hit there by the bowling machine. I managed to get him in the same spot after being told by square leg about his training mishap. There's something strangely satisfying about these sort of incidents - especially when they require accuracy! :D

I'm not condoning violence on the pitch mind you!