• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Emerging Nation's XI

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If you guys could pick a squad from all the emerging nations (Ban, Zim, Kenya etc) what would it we. Note that all rebel/strike players from Kenya and Zimbabwe can be picked, also well as Gavin Hamiton and Dougie Brown. Also if you know any other players that haven't played for the top 8 teams in the last 4 years in Test or ODIs they can be picked.

My FC side:
1. R Shah (KEN)
2. JB Burger (NAM)
3. H Bashar (BAN)
4. S Tilkolo (c) (KEN)
5. D van Bunge (HOL)
6. T Taibu (wk) (ZIM)
7. H Streak (ZIM)
8. T Odoyo (KEN)
9. J Davison (CAN)
10. M Rafique (BAN)
11. M Mortaza (BAN)

List A side:
1. D Brown (SCO)
2. J Davison (CAN)
3. JB Burger (NAM)
4. S Tilkolo (c) (KEN)
5. H Bashar (BAN)
6. S Ervine (ZIM)
7. T Odoyo (KEN)
8. T Taibu (wk) (ZIM)
9. H Streak (ZIM)
10. M Rafique (BAN)
11. T Panyangara (ZIM)

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Ravindu Shah
JB Burger
Stuart Carlistle
Habibul Bashar
Grant Flower
Steve Tikolo
Tatenda Taibu
Heath Streak (c)
Mohammad Rafique
Enamul Haque Jnr
Mashrafe Mortaza

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
1. Ravindu Shah
2. Javed Omar
3. Steve Tikolo (captain)
4. Habibul Bashar
5. Jon Davison
6. Mohammed Ashraful
7. Heath Streak
8. Tatenda Taibu (keeper)
9. Mohammed Rafique
10. Douglas Hondo
11. Mashrafe Mortaza

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You are kidding me with Hondo. He cant even make the Zim side of late. Panyangara and Mpofu are above him in the pecking order.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
You are kidding me with Hondo. He cant even make the Zim side of late. Panyangara and Mpofu are above him in the pecking order.
I was about to say that, also Odoyo would be infront of all of them IMO even if your just talking bowling. Panyangara was fighting for a spot with Mortaza in my FC side. Thinking about it again i would do for Panyangara over Blain in the OD sides as well.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
You really can't pick Javed over Nafis. Javed is a has-been and can only contribute the odd 50 here and there. Nafis hit 100 in his last innings and has a wide array of shots, is deadly off his pads and has incredible potential. Hit numerous 100's for the u19's and one in a tour match against England. Sadly, I don't think Javed will keep his place in the side for much longer.

Ashraful needs a bit more consistancy before I'd consider him for the best XI and Rajin needs some bigger innings. They both would make my touring squad though

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
James90 said:
You really can't pick Javed over Nafis. Javed is a has-been and can only contribute the odd 50 here and there. Nafis hit 100 in his last innings and has a wide array of shots, is deadly off his pads and has incredible potential. Hit numerous 100's for the u19's and one in a tour match against England. Sadly, I don't think Javed will keep his place in the side for much longer.

Ashraful needs a bit more consistancy before I'd consider him for the best XI and Rajin needs some bigger innings. They both would make my touring squad though
For me JB Burger is in front of both of them (Javed and Nafis) and he woulf be one of the first guys i pick in both sides. Ashraful consistency, Rajin lack of high scores is probably why you would go for Wishart, Carlise or Grant Flower. I personally went for Dan van Bunge for the last middle or spot, but thinking about it again i would probably go for Wishart or Carlise, I completely forget about those two.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I really dont think Grant Flower should be allowed... hes not going to play anymore international cricket. Same boat as Andy now. Ervine isnt likely either.

1 JB Burger
2 Nafis Iqbal
3 Stuart Carlisle
4 Habibul Bashar
5 Steve Tikolo
6 Mohammed Ashraful / Andy Blignaut (depending on the pitch, form etc)
7 Tatenda Taibu
8 Heath Streak
9 Thomas Odoyo
10 Mohammed Rafique
11 Enamul Haque

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
I really dont think Grant Flower should be allowed... hes not going to play anymore international cricket. Same boat as Andy now. Ervine isnt likely either.

1 JB Burger
2 Nafis Iqbal
3 Stuart Carlisle
4 Habibul Bashar
5 Steve Tikolo
6 Mohammed Ashraful / Andy Blignaut (depending on the pitch, form etc)
7 Tatenda Taibu
8 Heath Streak
9 Thomas Odoyo
10 Mohammed Rafique
11 Enamul Haque
I definately think Blignaut deserves to be there ahead of Odoyo. He's at least as good a bowler, and his batting would strengthen things a bit down at 9, and Ashraful could be picked at 6 then. Also, does Carlisle still play? I thought he was one of the permanant rebels like Goodwin, Ervine and the Flowers.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What about Ed Joyce of Ireland & Middlesex? Averages nearly 43 in FC cricket & is currently doing his residency qualification so he can play for us.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
I definately think Blignaut deserves to be there ahead of Odoyo. He's at least as good a bowler, and his batting would strengthen things a bit down at 9, and Ashraful could be picked at 6 then. Also, does Carlisle still play? I thought he was one of the permanant rebels like Goodwin, Ervine and the Flowers.
Carlisle is back.

Scored a double hundred in the Logan Cup a week or so back (as he should given the quality of the comp...).

As for Blignaut's bowling, it seems to have gone drastically downhill. I think he is on the Travis Friend track of becoming a batsman who bowls a bit (despite at genuine pace..).

Joyce is a very good option. But I have a feeling England might pinch him.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yup, 32 games for the senior side and 6 for the U-19 side. At the last ICC trophy he scored 359 runs at an average of 71.80...