Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: World wicket keepers, your rankings.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    That last statement is about as mature as me stating bias in the first place.
    I never made accusations of immaturity nor did I infer maturity on my part; just that you're wrong.

Perhaps I did jump the gun, but I refuse to believe that there is no better gloveman in the world than Gilchrist.
    Good on you, viva le free speech! Part and parcel of that is that there are people who are allowed to disagree with you, however. I say Gilly is the best going around and you think otherwise. Good for you. Saying I'm biased by virtue of the fact that both Gilchrist and I reside in the same country, particularly when bias has never been part of my general MO around here (open to being told otherwise; everyone?), is just childish and petulant. That's just my opinion but I would wager that you'd have more people agreeing with that than agreeing with you saying I'm biased.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    1)Gilchrist
    2)Mcullum
    3)Sangakarra
    4)Boucher
    5)Browne

Mcullum didn't have a very good season but he is a great player as we have seen on occasions

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    First off, Gilchrist is not a flawless batsman. Second, Gilchrist is a decent wicketkeeper. He is not the best wicketkeeper in the world.
    Well dont keep us in suspense, who is?

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    1) Gilchrist
    2) The rest

And that's ignoring Gilly's batting.

Thats a huge call... he is a decent wicket keeper..nothing outstanding. I have seen him drop catches but also take some rippers.

There is no standout IMO as far as wicketkeeping as a skill goes.

While Parore was playing he was very good and stood out for his keeping alone IMO but I can't say that about anyone these days

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by vandemataram
    I would say,

1 Gilli
    2 Sang
    3Boucher
    4Jones
    5Karthik
    6Mcullum
    ur joking right u think karthik is better then akmal as a keeper? PFFFFFFFFF
    Right arm Fast...enough to beat u for pace

U19 12th Man
    1- gilli
    2- akmal
    3- rest
    on just keeping skills akmal is better then the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo123
    1- gilli
    2- akmal
    3- rest
    on just keeping skills akmal is better then the rest.
    LOL

Thats a huge call... he is a decent wicket keeper..nothing outstanding. I have seen him drop catches but also take some rippers.
    I never said he was a "great" 'keeper per se, just the best currently going around. It says more about the standard overall than his 'keeping, really.

I never said he was a "great" 'keeper per se, just the best currently going around. It says more about the standard overall than his 'keeping, really.

Why don't you rate McCullum or Sangakarra?

U19 12th Man
    and if u think my last post was stupid...he has more dismissals then mccullum in less matches...more then sangakara...only boucher has more dismissals at the same stage...but ill put that down to the fact he played with pollock...:P and errr donald...akmal played with sami and co who dont seem to b as good as getting nicks

Quote Originally Posted by mofo123
    and if u think my last post was stupid...he has more dismissals then mccullum in less matches...more then sangakara...only boucher has more dismissals at the same stage...but ill put that down to the fact he played with pollock...:P and errr donald...akmal played with sami and co who dont seem to b as good as getting nicks

A keeper can't really create a chance.. they can only take what is given to them.. fair enough they can convert half chances but the fact that he has more dismissals is realy irrelevant.

A good stat would be a catch/drop ratio

Why don't you rate McCullum or Sangakarra?
    In my view both are batsmen/keepers rather than the other way around. They're both solid glovemen who are well and truly Test standard but i put Gilly right at the top of glovemen today. Basically, I find it difficult to separate Sangakkara/McCallum/Boucher and the like because I think they're roughly of the same standard with small variations between all of them (some are slightly better at keeping to pacers, others to spinners, etc.). So yeah, they're mostly similar but for mine, Gilchrist is a level above all of them. Keeping to spinners, he seems a notch below Sangakkara but to pacers, other than an atrocious 2003/04, Gilchrist is above the other 'keepers in the world.

Not saying you or anyone is wrong, just justifying my opinion.

I must say I liked the look of Kamran Akmal, though. He can really keep and he can REALLY bat too. That hundred he got in the ODI here last season was a gem.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I never made accusations of immaturity nor did I infer maturity on my part; just that you're wrong.
    Fair enough. I was admitting immaturity on my part though.
    Good on you, viva le free speech! Part and parcel of that is that there are people who are allowed to disagree with you, however. I say Gilly is the best going around and you think otherwise. Good for you. Saying I'm biased by virtue of the fact that both Gilchrist and I reside in the same country, particularly when bias has never been part of my general MO around here (open to being told otherwise; everyone?), is just childish and petulant. That's just my opinion but I would wager that you'd have more people agreeing with that than agreeing with you saying I'm biased.
    Hmmm.... Didn't I already say I was wrong to state bias?
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

C_C
    I wouldnt rate boucher that high...simply because he is a terrible keeper against spin.Gilly-Sangy is pretty much indisputable....

Banned
    As far as wicket keeping/batsman goes then there is no compariosion that gilly is the best.
    No one is even close.

As far as just keeping goes, they are all pretty close.
    Mccullum has been improving his keeping a lot.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information