Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: World wicket keepers, your rankings.

yeah fair enough mate, agree with what you have said there, although the fact that keeping ability alone is being more and more overlooked by the people in high positions for me is a cause for concern.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    yeah fair enough mate, agree with what you have said there, although the fact that keeping ability alone is being more and more overlooked by the people in high positions for me is a cause for concern.
    It is even filtering into test cricket now. Otherwise Jones and Dhoni would have never played over Read and Kaarthick.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

i can understand why jones got a chance ahead of read, but i would say that either jones is persisted with (as hes not dreadful, just poor) or read returns, trying prior would be a step in the right direction, but as far as im concerned karthik should never have been dropped from the test side, his ability keeping and batting in terms of test standard is far superior to dhonis, a sad state of affairs really, and too many people ttrying to emulate the success of gilchrist.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    i can understand why jones got a chance ahead of read, but i would say that either jones is persisted with (as hes not dreadful, just poor) or read returns, trying prior would be a step in the right direction, but as far as im concerned karthik should never have been dropped from the test side, his ability keeping and batting in terms of test standard is far superior to dhonis, a sad state of affairs really, and too many people ttrying to emulate the success of gilchrist.
    I remember the success of Jayasuriya having a similar effect on all teams. Heck, even a minorly succesful strategy like that of Symcox or Klusener at 3 as pinch hitters made all teams look for one. I can never forget the day Kumble came out as India's pinch hitter. Felt India had hit a new low then. Thank God for Pathan.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread Information