• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Black Caps generic thread

shaka

International Regular
they did not mention on the notes from the match, that Adams got a hattrick, but i assumed from the scorecard that he did in fact get the hattrick.
Fleming scored it at a strikerate of more than 100

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
_Ed_ said:
Good County round for NZ:

Styris 53 off 47 balls.

Fleming 111

Adams 2-52 and then 4-67 with a hattrick (Burns, Jayasuriya, Hildreth out c. Foster, lbw, lbw)
Excellent performances from the Kiwis in England, particularly Fleming with his hundred. Also good to see Adams back in action in the County Championship, just a shame the hat trick came against Somerset though!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And again in one day games last night, Fleming 60(62) and Styris 3-32. Good stuff.

anzac

International Debutant
I read that G Turner is looking to put himself forward for nomination for a spot on the selection panel.................

I wonder if this is what J Wright was referring to when he spoke about a possible position with NZCC.............

could be a changing of the guard with the selectors................

and if so hopefully an end to the selection of 'converts' - both players selected out of position, and the bowling converts......

anzac

International Debutant
so the Academy has gone spin heavy for it's next intake..................

a good sign that they at last recognise the need - but does NZL have the domestic pitches to do them any good???????

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Yes but some of the spinners, are nothing more than part timers.

The 2005 squad is:
Todd Astle Canterbury, opening RH bat, fourth highest run scorer at National U19 Tournament 2004 (337 runs at 112.3), RA leg spin bowler, CPA Young Player award 2005, NZ U19 2005
Hamish Bennett Canterbury, RA Medium/fast bowler, RH lower order batsman, NZ U19 2005
Carl Cachopa Auckland, RH top order batsman, RA medium pace bowler, debut with Auckland ‘Aces’ this season, NZ U19 2005, currently playing in England
Derek De Boorder Auckland, wicket keeper, middle order RH batsman, NZ U19 2004 & 2005
Jason Donnelly Auckland, LA finger spinner, LH lower order batsman, NZ U19 2005
Sean Eathorne Otago, RH middle order batsman, RA off spinner, debut for Otago ‘Volts’ 2005, NZ U19 2004
Martin Guptill Auckland, RH opening batsman, RA off spinner, NZ U19 2005
Mathew Harvie Otago, RA Medium/fast bowler, Otago ‘Volts’ debut in 2003-04
William Somerville Otago, RA off spinner, RH mid/lower order batsman, Otago ‘Volts’ debut 2005

anzac

International Debutant
southern man said:

hell afaic even a part time spin option is better than none at all, or 'just' Vettori...............

at least if we can develop even part time options then we lessen the risk of over bowling Vettori..............

I'll just add it to my bowling wish list to go with..........
genuine 'strike' bowlers to take wickets.....
genuine seamers with craft as opposed to those who rely upon slow & low NZL green tops for their wickets...........
proper swing bowlers who are able to move the ball both ways (& particularly reverse) even when the weather is not heavy overhead...........

and the winning Lotto numbers would also be appreciated in advance................

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What about those teenagers who bowl fast? At least one of them should be given ample opportunities, so that all of them are encouraged to perform, making the scene there more competitive. Is there any harm in playing one of them in place of exploding-greentop-heroes like Martin and Mills?

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
southern man said:

The 2005 squad is:
Todd Astle Canterbury, opening RH bat, fourth highest run scorer at National U19 Tournament 2004 (337 runs at 112.3), RA leg spin bowler, CPA Young Player award 2005, NZ U19 2005
Hamish Bennett Canterbury, RA Medium/fast bowler, RH lower order batsman, NZ U19 2005
Carl Cachopa Auckland, RH top order batsman, RA medium pace bowler, debut with Auckland ‘Aces’ this season, NZ U19 2005, currently playing in England
Derek De Boorder Auckland, wicket keeper, middle order RH batsman, NZ U19 2004 & 2005
Jason Donnelly Auckland, LA finger spinner, LH lower order batsman, NZ U19 2005
Sean Eathorne Otago, RH middle order batsman, RA off spinner, debut for Otago ‘Volts’ 2005, NZ U19 2004
Martin Guptill Auckland, RH opening batsman, RA off spinner, NZ U19 2005
Mathew Harvie Otago, RA Medium/fast bowler, Otago ‘Volts’ debut in 2003-04
William Somerville Otago, RA off spinner, RH mid/lower order batsman, Otago ‘Volts’ debut 2005
Ugh. No ND players in that lot.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
anzac said:
I'll just add it to my bowling wish list to go with..........
genuine 'strike' bowlers to take wickets.....
genuine seamers with craft as opposed to those who rely upon slow & low NZL green tops for their wickets...........
proper swing bowlers who are able to move the ball both ways (& particularly reverse) even when the weather is not heavy overhead...........
A concern of mine is our slip fielding. Fleming has gone downhill in the last couple of years - he's dropped many sitters from memory - and the number of edges going between him and McCullum is unnerving.

shaka

International Regular
I heard somewhere that James Marshall's passport was stolen from his dads car while at a cafe in Auckland, he was due to fly to England (maybe for buckinghamshire?), but have not heard much more about it, if anyone knows about it, reply.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Sir Redman said:
A concern of mine is our slip fielding. Fleming has gone downhill in the last couple of years - he's dropped many sitters from memory - and the number of edges going between him and McCullum is unnerving.
I think Styris is as good as anyone going around at the moment. He's nudged Astle out of 2nd slip recently. Vincent would probably be a decent slips catcher, although I don't recall him fielding there often.

shaka

International Regular
I remember the recent couple of series, Vincent was at 3rd slip or something, but was occasional rather than permanent spot.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
shaka said:
I remember the recent couple of series, Vincent was at 3rd slip or something, but was occasional rather than permanent spot.
Vincent's more of a cover fielder for mine - his speed to the ball would be wasted in the slips

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
shaka said:
I heard somewhere that James Marshall's passport was stolen from his dads car while at a cafe in Auckland, he was due to fly to England (maybe for buckinghamshire?), but have not heard much more about it, if anyone knows about it, reply.
Yeah I heard about that too. I think James and his Dad were in a hotel and about to go to the airport, and some piece of filth stole James' laptop, passport etc were from his Dad's car. Honestly we don't need those kind of people in society, they contribute absolutely nothing.

I haven't heard anything else about it.

shaka

International Regular
They really are the lowlifes of society if they do these sorts of things, JAH Marshall's profile has Buckinghamshire as a team he has played for.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At stumps on day 2, Nottinghamshire 580/4.

And...

SP Fleming 223*
Balls: 222
4s: 27
6s: 5

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy