• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India-Pakistan combined team to play World XI for three games in USA in June !!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
It was on TV this morning. The Pakistani communications minister and some Mr Tahir Khan who confirmed that they were organising 3 matches between a world XI and a combined India Pakistan team in the USA on, if I remember the dates right, 15th, 17th and 18th June this year. Mr Tahir Hussain confirmed that 19 of the players approached so far had agreed.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
ODI?

Sehwag, Afridi.. 'twould be a sight..

And just a question.. when are the Ashes? Aren't they around that time?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Robertinho said:
ODI?

Sehwag, Afridi.. 'twould be a sight..

And just a question.. when are the Ashes? Aren't they around that time?
The Ashes are in July. However, I think many ODI`s are going on around then. :blink:

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
last time when i said that afridi should be in the asian eleven no one wanted to know :happy:

cant wait

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
PAKMAN said:
last time when i said that afridi should be in the asian eleven no one wanted to know :happy:

cant wait
One series against a poor bowling attack team in the best batting tracks.

I am not convinced he deserves to make the Asia XI right now honestly.

If you want/have to include some opener from Pakistan in the one day Indo-Pak XI, Butt would be a much better choice.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
PAKMAN said:
he did quite well in australia too
Butt did better I would imagine.

thats what crouds want
Thats what you want as an Afridi fan as well :p

A right lefto combo with Butt-Sehwag would be a more solid opening pair helping the team much more though.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag and Afridi for sheer explosive power. Nothing more demoralising than Afridi belting you for six. Seeing as Australia might as well be considered the World XI, that's the only way :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It is doubtful though if Afridi would be as explossive and effective against a Rest of World as he was versus India.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nnanden said:
Hell no!

Afridi dominated in the VB series, whereas Butt was dropped...
HMM.

I havent followed much cricket due to a lot of work for the past few months.

I think I saw Butt make some runs in the test series and stand corrected as far as the one dayers go then.

I would still go with Butt over Afridi giving a right-left hand combination and Butt showing excellent temperament in his short career. A less agressive partner with Sehwag would also suit well.

masterblaster

International Captain
A Sehwag/Afridi combination looks fantastic. Only to be followed by Inzamam and Sachin Tendulkar and then Dravid and Youhana. It just keeps getting better :cool:

deeps

International 12th Man
1Sehwag
2Butt
3Malik
4Inzi
5Dravid
6Youhana
7Afridi
8Dhoni
9Rana
10Kartik
11Zaheer

On current form that is...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Even if it is it's a light bowling attack!

Afridi up to open, then bring in someone like Razzaq at 8.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`d go

Sehwag
Afridi
Malik
Tendulkar
Dravid
Ul-Haq(c)
Dhoni (wk)
Razzaq
Rana (1)