• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Australia contracts 05-06

Craig

World Traveller
List of contracted players for 2005-06

Nathan Bracken, Michael Clarke, Daniel Cullen, Adam Gilchrist, Jason Gillespie, Matthew Hayden, Brad Haddin, Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg, James Hopes, Michael Hussey, Michael Kasprowicz, Simon Katich, Justin Langer, Brett Lee, Michael Lewis, Stuart MacGill, Damien Martyn, Glenn McGrath, Ricky Ponting, Andrew Symonds, Shaun Tait, Shane Warne, Shane Watson, Cameron White.

http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/207049.html

Bracken has won back his contract, Hopes, Cullen, Haddin, Lewis, and White (?) get their first Cricket Australia contracts, while people like Love, Lehmann, Maher (Kyle's reaction in 5..4..3), Elliott, and Williams have lost theirs.

The way Love was going he was lucky to still be in the Queensland team.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
no real surprises there, Maher hasn't played for Australia for a long time and they haven't even gone close to picking him for mine.

Craig

World Traveller
It's funny with Tait, a lot of the English on here (Neil, Richard, Marc just to name a few) don't really to rate him that highly (that is the impression I get at least) basing on his performance at Durham, yet the people who have seen him bowl a lot do rate him highly.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Lee, he really needs to go out and bowl, and bowl, and bowl in FC cricket.

Josh

International Regular
WOOOOHOOO!!

MICKY LEWIS!! Will never play for Australia, but still... WOOT!!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Lewis has great pace, good bounce... it`s an action with effort!

Oh yeah, and BRACKEN! :D :D :D

Cullen better live up to his reputation. :mellow:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Cullen better live up to his reputation. :mellow:
I don't think it's fair to expect too much of him just yet. He's certainly the most promising young spinner in Australia, but he's not a superstar or anything yet.

Josh

International Regular
Craig said:
He must be getting on a bit isn't he? What 30?
31 but he'll play as long as his body will allow. He'd still play at 60 if he could. That's just him. Very passionate. Great bloke.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I was surprised that Damien Wright didn't get a contract, be in pretty good form this season and has played for the A Team more then Lewis. You would think that he would be closer to the national team, when you add his batting and fielding then Lewis, but i guess it was a line ball decision and i think that Lewis is slightly younger then Wright.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No real surprises with that contract list, although I think it is a bit rich for Cullen to be getting paid that much for just one good season. I didn't expect Love to keep his contract, but Maher's form was decent enough to keep his contract.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
No real surprises with that contract list, although I think it is a bit rich for Cullen to be getting paid that much for just one good season.
Yeah maybe they should of given his contract to Nathan Hauritz :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mr Wright said:
No real surprises with that contract list, although I think it is a bit rich for Cullen to be getting paid that much for just one good season.
completely agree. surely you've got to do more than have three really good matches to earn a CA contract these days??

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
completely agree. surely you've got to do more than have three really good matches to earn a CA contract these days??
Maybe that just shows the lack of spin bowling depth in Australia outside Warne and MacGill

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
vic_orthdox said:
well, when would have been the last time australia had 4 spinners on its contract books??
In about seven minutes, I`ll say yesterday. 8-)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
well, when would have been the last time australia had 4 spinners on its contract books??
Yeah it 5 spinners on the book and two are OD spinners (Hogg and White) or bowling all rounders. Hmm actually White more a straight all rounder these days isn't he. Cullen is third in line for a Test spot so it surprising he got a contract.