• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next Indian Coach

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ok I've decided that maybe instead of wasting my time whining about India's performance, I should attempt to start a not so frustrating topic.

I used to think chappel wouldn't be a good idea because he seemed like the type of coach who would take away all the limelight and not do anything in the end. But I was blown away after seeing one interivew of his. YOU'VE GOTTA READ THIS! http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1073595.cms
Chappel's the Plato of cricket, no doubt.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would personally want Dav Whatmore for his no nonsense attitude and sticking to tactics rather than talking.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pratyush said:
I would personally want Dav Whatmore for his no nonsense attitude and sticking to tactics rather than talking.
I'm not so sure about him. He might be worn-out after coaching two international teams. Greg Chappel would be fresh and ready to go since (ironically) he hasn't coached an intl team.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This month's Wisden Asia cricket has an excellent article on the prospective Indian coaches.

Isolator

State 12th Man
That was a good read. BTW, Pratyush, is that really you or did you edit a picture of one of the Marshalls?

masterblaster

International Captain
Isolator said:
That was a good read. BTW, Pratyush, is that really you or did you edit a picture of one of the Marshalls?
It's neither. The avatar is of certain individual named Carlito Carribbean Cool who just happens to be 'very, very cool'.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone recommended me as coach, but I would prefer some international experience. I can think of a lot of experiments, but I would try them first on the New Zealand side (they're more flexible and easier to work with), or an A-team (including India), then on India#1. There is one hitch- with me as coach, you would find television cameras in the team's dressing room complex, not to mention a few guest appearances by me on television and radio, telling things as they are, and active involvement in domestic/A-team cricket.

masterblaster

International Captain
Arjun, Im sure you'd convert India into the pressure performing, six hitting, fast bowling powerhouse of a team! (which also has some world class all rounders). Your Idea's are interesting, and given the chance you'd probably do better than Kapil Dev!

:D

vvk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I call for Mugabe to be the new Indian coach.

No nonsense approach, he'll get all the prima donna's out and the house in order in no time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
vvk said:
I call for Mugabe to be the new Indian coach.

No nonsense approach, he'll get all the prima donna's out and the house in order in no time.
No blacks play in Indian cricket. Atleast not those on the verge of making national selection.