• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Raina

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The runs he is making in the one day domestic competition, the question is not i he will get a chance, it is when.

And NO one has talked about him. So he doesnt even make the league of hyped Indian players not performin as per hype.

*tries to create some hype for Raina*

GO RAINNNNNNNNNNNNA!

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
I've heard a lot about him actually. Looking at ranji scorecards, u can tell he's an A class big hitter and an excellent bowler in the domestic level--saw his batting during the u-19 WC and was very impressed. It really wouldnt hurt to try him since india desperately need a genuine allrounder, someone like razzaq who can hit a few sixes in the death overs or even bat well at number 3 and play the part of a dependable bowler as well. Raina's stats suggest he could be the man to do that even at 18 years of age.

LIST A LIMITED OVERS
(2004/05 - 2004/05; last updated 16/04/2005)
Batting & Fielding
M I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St
15 14 2 645 129 53.75 102.05 1 5 3 0
Bowling
O M R W Ave BBI 4w 5w SR Econ
58 2 240 10 24.00 4-33 1 0 34.8 4.13

Last edited:

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
58 overs bowled in 15 games is only 4 a game - an allrounder would bowl more.
I don't think he bowled in the first few matches of his career. It's something that he has developed but yes, more of a batsman.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He performed well in a recent odi as a bowler but one good one day performance is just that for the time being. Havent seen him bowl till now.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indian team is losing matches more because of bad bowling than bad batting, so the last thing they need is another batsman. He may not bat higher than number 7, making him a little redundant in the side. His bowling, to be honest, isn't likely to last the full 10 overs, and is not very different from the kind you'd expect from the likes of Sachin, Sehwag or Yuvraj- which is hurting the team a lot more than it is helping. He may be a good man for the bench, but no more. The openings or grey areas in the side are that of opener, bowling all-rounder and tearaway quick- clearly, Raina is not one of them.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Arjun said:
The Indian team is losing matches more because of bad bowling than bad batting, so the last thing they need is another batsman.
Don't make the bowlers scapegoat. Yes, they've been a disgrace throughout this series, I totally agree, but mind u, the batting line-up is messed up too, a team getting all out for 144 with the highest score 24 taken by the wicket-keeper has some problems to be dealt with and it's about time we get rid of trash like Yuvraj Singh.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pratyush said:
And NO one has talked about him. So he doesnt even make the league of hyped Indian players not performin as per hype.

*tries to create some hype for Raina*

GO RAINNNNNNNNNNNNA!
So you want him to fall into the category of hyped Indian players not performing as per hype? I don't quite understand what you mean there.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
So you want him to fall into the category of hyped Indian players not performing as per hype? I don't quite understand what you mean there.
The worst thing for a young cricketer is getting hyped, people having expectations which are totally not reachable by the player.

But atleast he should be noticed and get into the team. Fr that he requires some boost atleast ;)

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pratyush said:
The worst thing for a young cricketer is getting hyped, people having expectations which are totally not reachable by the player.

But atleast he should be noticed and get into the team. Fr that he requires some boost atleast ;)
So you just wanted to do Raina a favor.

Gangster

U19 12th Man
Arjun said:
The Indian team is losing matches more because of bad bowling than bad batting, so the last thing they need is another batsman. He may not bat higher than number 7, making him a little redundant in the side. His bowling, to be honest, isn't likely to last the full 10 overs, and is not very different from the kind you'd expect from the likes of Sachin, Sehwag or Yuvraj- which is hurting the team a lot more than it is helping. He may be a good man for the bench, but no more. The openings or grey areas in the side are that of opener, bowling all-rounder and tearaway quick- clearly, Raina is not one of them.
yeah you're absolutely right. we should have won with 144, but poor bowling did us again.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Not another Irfan "Wasim Akram" Pathan and Mahendra "Virender Sehwag" Dhoni please. You guys know how to create hype!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
shoot_me said:
Don't make the bowlers scapegoat. Yes, they've been a disgrace throughout this series, I totally agree, but mind u, the batting line-up is messed up too, a team getting all out for 144 with the highest score 24 taken by the wicket-keeper has some problems to be dealt with and it's about time we get rid of trash like Yuvraj Singh.
Merely getting new batsmen won't help- they also need good bowlers. And Yuvraj Singh is not trash. He's just talented but temperamental, like Sidhu was.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Do we really want another batsman who could bowl a bit ?? Dont we have enough of those already ?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
Do we really want another batsman who could bowl a bit ?? Dont we have enough of those already ?
Agreed, but they may need his batting more than his bowling.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Why do we need another batsman when we have got a group of Sehwag, Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Kaif, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Ganguly, Mongia, Sriram to select 7 batsmen ?

IMO we need a bowler who is a decent batsman.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sanz said:
Why do we need another batsman when we have got a group of Sehwag, Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Kaif, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Ganguly, Mongia, Sriram to select 7 batsmen ?

IMO we need a bowler who is a decent batsman.
By that logic no youngster who isencouraging would ever get a chance.