Thread: Rod Marsh for Proteas Coach?

Pinball Champion!

Rod Marsh for Proteas Coach?

Seen the rumour in cricinfo

Here

That would be cool, but lets hope he doesn't rub any of our "personalities" up the wrong way, his winners attitude should go down well methinks..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I guess it all depends on if SA have anything between saying goodbye to Ray and September when Rod becomes available.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

If Rod Marsh doesn't go to SA , I would love it if the disorganised, chaotic Sri Lankan cricket Board can get their act together and make him an offer he can't refuse !!

Because ATM, I don't see SL making much improvement under John Dyson !! Rod Marsh has one of the greatest cricketing brains around and available to coach apart from (the other wicket keeper turned coach) Steve Rixon, IMO.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    I thought the reason he was leaving the academy was because he wanted to spend more time at home with his family?

"Marsh, 57, plans to return to his native Australia to spend time with his new grandchildren. He said he was interested in continuing to work in cricket, but it is likely that this will take the form of a part-time role, rather than on a full-time basis."

http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...10DEC2004.html
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON
    If Rod Marsh doesn't go to SA , I would love it if the disorganised, chaotic Sri Lankan cricket Board can get their act together and make him an offer he can't refuse !!

Because ATM, I don't see SL making much improvement under John Dyson !! Rod Marsh has one of the greatest cricketing brains around and available to coach apart from (the other wicket keeper turned coach) Steve Rixon, IMO.
    Dyson goes

http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_datab...17APR2005.html

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    While I appreciate the efforts of Dyson, I don't think SL gained much during his coaching stint !!
    Dav Whatmore is a great coach, but Sri Lanka already has had 6 years with Whatmore, and I am not sure if he would be the right person for a third term with the same Team again.

I personally would love any of Rod Marsh , Steve Rixon or Greg Chappell or even Jeff Thompson (because of his similarity to the slinger Malinga and his added benefit in an area where SL has definite weakness - Pace Bowling ) to be the next coach .

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON
    While I appreciate the efforts of Dyson, I don't think SL gained much during his coaching stint !!
    Dav Whatmore is a great coach, but Sri Lanka already has had 6 years with Whatmore, and I am not sure if he would be the right person for a third term with the same Team again.

I personally would love any of Rod Marsh , Steve Rixon or Greg Chappell or even Jeff Thompson (because of his similarity to the slinger Malinga and his added benefit in an area where SL has definite weakness - Pace Bowling ) to be the next coach .
    I think Steve Waugh would be a good option if we can afford him.

Jeff Thomson maybe as a fast bowling coach, but the guy doesn't have much cricket brain, compared to Greg Chappell, Marsh, Rixon and Steve Waugh.

TB wouldn't be a bad option if we can get him away from NSW, get a brilliant job with a below par side. i wonder what he could so with the talent we have in Sri Lanka
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Thread Information