• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BREAKING NEWS - TIC News Agency !!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
BREAKING NEWS !!

Pakistan Appeals to ICC Against Match Refree !

Of late the match refree Chris Broad has been constantly in the news. There has been a lot of heated discussion about his being too harsh on the Indian skipper, Saurav Ganguly, when he handed out a six match ban on him for the persistent slow over rate in the current Indo-Pak ODI series. This has fuelled the old complaint from the sub continent about the ICC and its officials being "biased" (in this case also harsher) against teams from the sub-continent. All the teams from the region, viz, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangla Desh have been fairly aggressive in taking this stance.

However, suddenly, there appears to be a breach in the solidarity the South Asian teams have shown in their opposition to the ICC so far on this particular issue. It has been reported, through "reliable" sources that Pakistan has decided to take issue on their perception that the ICC and its officials are biased IN FAVOUR OF INDIA !!

It is reported by the same "reliable" sources that the PCB top brass is in touch with ICC and it is more or less certain that PCB will be filing an official complaint against Chris Broad for his blatantly pro-India stance in banning Saurav Ganguly for six matches and , thereby, preventing him from playing the crucial last two games of the series.

Pakistan have recieved support on this from, seemingly, unconnected quarters. The Sri Lankan cricket authorities seem to be behind Pakistan in this sentiment of Chris Broad's alleged pro-India bias.

However, there is some confusion about Sri Lanka's exact stance on the matter since according to our inside information from "equally reliable" Sri Lankan sources the Sri Lankan authorities do not have any problem with Ganguly's ban per se. Nevertheless, they feel a six match ban is far too harsh. They are of the FIRM opinion that a two match ban which would last till the end of the Indo-Pak series is all that should have been imposed and they are going to fight against a longer ban !!

Sri Lanka are due to tour India next in September this year
:sleep:

Courtesy : TIC (Tongue In Cheek) News Agency

Beleg

International Regular
Edit: Screw my earlier comments. On further inspection and in anticipation of the response this will surely elict from some of our more august members I'd say - :devil2:

:sleep:

Forum was getting dull.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
WTF ? And you started a thread on OT about how standards are falling !
Why. You cant laugh at yourself ??

What has fun poked at ourselves (for that is what I am doing) and mentioned as such (if you know what tongue in cheek means) got to do with low standards.

I am not abusing anyone. I am not using foul language. I am not even abusing Ganguly as he has been by some on this forum itself.

If you think THIS lowers the standards of this forum. Keep the forum to yourself !!

Deja moo

International Captain
SJS said:
Why. You cant laugh at yourself ??

What has fun poked at ourselves (for that is what I am doing) and mentioned as such (if you know what tongue in cheek means) got to do with low standards.

I am not abusing anyone. I am not using foul language. I am not even abusing Ganguly as he has been by some on this forum itself.

If you think THIS lowers the standards of this forum. Keep the forum to yourself !!
Come on SJS, this has been done before in many threads ( the suspension benefitting India more than the opposition bit ), plus was there really any need for a separate thread for it ?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha SJS, at first I was thinking "wtf?" then I realised Tongue in Cheek. Haha

blatantly pro-India stance in banning Saurav Ganguly for six matches and , thereby, preventing him from playing the crucial last two games of the series.

:laugh:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Come on SJS, this has been done before in many threads ( the suspension benefitting India more than the opposition bit ), plus was there really any need for a separate thread for it ?
This is not about THAT !!

have you no sense of humour what so ever ??

This is just a bit of fun. The whole country is saying its good in a way saurav got banned, India was having a problem about dropping its skipper. Shastri, Rameez, Sohail, Arun Lal, Wasim Akram, Mohinder Amarnath, Srinath and others have said so on tV and in print!!

It has been said by many on this forum !!

I have just said the same thing, except, instead of saying its good for India, I have said its bad for Pakistan and done so in what I think is a humorous way !

For God sake, dont ruin my mood early morning by being such an oaf !!! :)

Deja moo

International Captain
SJS said:
This is not about THAT !!

have you no sense of humour what so ever ??

This is just a bit of fun. The whole country is saying its good in a way saurav got banned, India was having a problem about dropping its skipper. Shastri, Rameez, Sohail, Arun Lal, Wasim Akram, Mohinder Amarnath, Srinath and others have said so on tV and in print!!

It has been said by many on this forum !!

I have just said the same thing, except, instead of saying its good for India, I have said its bad for Pakistan and done so in what I think is a humorous way !

For God sake, dont ruin my mood early morning by being such an oaf !!! :)

ok, :p ...I'll just replace this tight underwear

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
plus was there really any need for a separate thread for it ?
AND

I made a separate thread because when I wrote this piece this morning, I thought maybe, I should write more such tongue-in-cheek stuff hence a separate post and also why TIC appears in the TOPIC :@

I dont know if I should write at all though.

I wrote it not to have you fellows getting upset but to raise a few guffaws.

You really ruined my day .

Deja moo

International Captain
SJS said:
AND

I made a separate thread because when I wrote this piece this morning, I thought maybe, I should write more such tongue-in-cheek stuff hence a separate post and also why TIC appears in the TOPIC :@

I dont know if I should write at all though.

I wrote it not to have you fellows getting upset but to raise a few guffaws.

You really ruined my day .

Nooo...do write it.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hehe, SJS, don't worry about it.. I'm sure he didn't mean it.. it was a good piece. I look forward to more :D :p