• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Elliot wants to be Redback

howardj

International Coach
Why would SA want him? Aren't they meant to be re-building? They've already got two senior players in Blewett and Lehmann. I'd rather see them nuture and persist with young guys like Plant, Ferguson and Cosgrove, than draft dead wood like Elliot into the team.

howardj

International Coach
age_master said:
because he averages nearly 50 and he will be will be able to mentor the younger players
Boof is meant to be chief mentor though :p I just think that SA made some big strides towards the end of last summer - winning their last 2 or 3 games outright. I think they should continue with their youth policy, and forget about Elliot.

Besides, Elliot was thought not to fit into the Australian team culture, as he is, from all reports, very moody when he gets dismissed cheaply. So Im not sure whether he'd be the greatest mentor to have around.

cameeel

International Captain
why would elliot want to leave victoria anyway, they're going alright at the moment and he's certainly doing well

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
cameeel said:
why would elliot want to leave victoria anyway, they're going alright at the moment and he's certainly doing well
Because most other Viictorians leave (and go to the Gold Coast) :D :p

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
If I could choose between one of Hussey or Elliott to keep it would 100% be Hussey.

Elliott is turning 35!

BTW are you sure you meant Moss instead of Hussey?

howardj

International Coach
Hoggy said:
If I could choose between one of Hussey or Elliott to keep it would 100% be Hussey.

Elliott is turning 35!

Hussey's a 'one season wonder', who was dropped from the Victorian team at least once this season.

Josh

International Regular
Jon Moss appears to be heading back to NSW but his form of late (season 04-05) was nothing above average...

Tastigersfan

Cricket Spectator
Hoggy said:

This from the Age archive (They want me to pay for the rest of the article so stuff that)

Dated: 23/02/2005

Hussey and Inness tipped to leave Bushrangers
STALWART paceman Mathew Inness and exuberant batting star David Hussey may have played their last matches for Victoria, with the latter facing a year out of cricket. And wicketkeeper Peter Roach's first-class career seems to be over.

From memory Hussey was in a crap mood and was considering having a year off cricket before his contract was up.... maybe he has cooled down.

But really if it is Elliot, Hussey and Moss that is one serious exodus.

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Elliott wants to leave Victoria? Best news I've heard all day! :D

Elliott is the absolute epitomie of what is wrong with Victorian cricket. One of the few Victorians who I would refuse to give the time of day to. The Vics are best off getting rid of the deadwood and starting afresh with youngsters coming through the ranks. For all of Inness', Moss', Roach's and Hussey's abilities within the sport, it may be time for a lot of them to be moved on and bring in some younger blood to help revitalise the Bushrangers in the coming years.

Bye bye Elliott, don't let the door hit your **** on the way out - because I don't want ****-prints on my door!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
howardj said:
Boof is meant to be chief mentor though :p I just think that SA made some big strides towards the end of last summer - winning their last 2 or 3 games outright. I think they should continue with their youth policy, and forget about Elliot.

Besides, Elliot was thought not to fit into the Australian team culture, as he is, from all reports, very moody when he gets dismissed cheaply. So Im not sure whether he'd be the greatest mentor to have around.
So that means Elliot was in a bad mood for most of last season... :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
mavric41 said:
Because most other Viictorians leave (and go to the Gold Coast) :D :p
Thank God he didn't want to come to Queensland. I would have to consider changing aliegences (sp) if that were to happen.

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
howardj said:
Hussey's a 'one season wonder', who was dropped from the Victorian team at least once this season.
Which one of his great seasons in Australia and England are you talking about?

The season he dominated with Australia A last year perhaps?

Yes he was dropped from Victoria (once) and only from the 4 day team because he wasn't performing in that arena last season just gone.

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Josh said:
Jon Moss appears to be heading back to NSW but his form of late (season 04-05) was nothing above average...
His one day form was very solid during the year.

(LOL @ your sig - have they finished the train station yet?)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmmmmmmmmm...............I don't like this move. Not one little bit. I mean, we tried getting a star player to play for us and he did squat all season (Andy Flower). Once SACA got rid of him, they basically said that getting a senior player was a mistake and it was time to concentrate on building youth.

So why are they making the same mistake again? It's not as if he has form on his side.

howardj

International Coach
Hoggy said:
Which one of his great seasons in Australia and England are you talking about?

The season he dominated with Australia A last year perhaps?

Yes he was dropped from Victoria (once) and only from the 4 day team because he wasn't performing in that arena last season just gone.
Im talking about the 2003-2004 season.