• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When u thought that.......

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
No, they investigated it and found no evidence.
Then why did they fine Mark Waugh ? Oh let me guess Indian bookie wanted to grow oranges somewhere on the cricket pitch and he contacted the weather men Waugh and Warne.

Stewart investigation was a JOKE at best.

Speaking of investigation, why dont you ask your pal to bring up the evidence he has about the Indo-Pak series in 1998-99. But no you will not do that, that would be asking for too much. Hypocrisy in full flow. Keep throwing your one liners. :-O

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Errm, that's fine, except that's not what TEC does. He constantly says that Dravid is the best batsman in the world and so on, and he's a big fan of Sehwag as well. If you honestly think he criticises every Indian player you need to read his posts more carefully.
He has no choice in Sehwag and Dravid's case, does he ? Wait till they fail and then watch him change his color, he will declare Richard blakey as a better batsman than Dravid.

I have read enough of his posts and his subcontinent bias is obvious in his posts so Dont try to convince me.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
He has no choice in Sehwag and Dravid's case, does he ? Wait till they fail and then watch him change his color, he will declare Richard blakey as a better batsman than Dravid.

I have read enough of his posts and his subcontinent bias is obvious in his posts so Dont try to convince me.
right....
so every time i support dravid over ponting in the dravid vs ponting threads i have no other choice is it?
and i apparently have no other choice when in a billion posts i state that dravid is the best batsmen in the world today in every one of those 'whos the best batsman ATM threads'. and then i go on to explain why hes the best too, such a ****ing racist.
and incase you havent realised, dravid has already had a poor series-against australia, and i could have so easily jumped on his back immediately after that if i was looking for that opening.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanz said:

Why would the likes of FaaipDeOiad and myself who have seldom seen eye to eye with a lot of TEC's views and theory's in the past defend him on this particular allegation then ??

Simple, because your way off the mark.

If your going to make such a strong allegations against another cricket web member, then at least have the intelligence and insight to back your claims up

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
I guess you are from NZ. What would you call a person who keeps ranting over and over again that NZ players are over rated, Richard Hadlee was a match fixer, all NZ players are flat ftrack bullies, and that match fixing was done in NZ and blah blah blah.

I have read many of TEC's views and I stand by what I have said about him.
just curious, have you been reading any of my posts outside the ones about india?
just so you know heres a list of current players that ive claimed to be overrated:
ganguly
tendulkar
pathan
inzamam
youhana
afridi
ntini
rudolph
pollock
trescothick
anderson
vaughan(in ODIs)
collingwood
geraint jones
brett lee
hayden
bracken
ponting

now i dont know about you, but do you seriously think that those names suggest that im being in any way racist? its also extremely strange that ive been accused of being biased against the subcontinent players, the australians and if i remember correctly even the english players(most however tend to realise eventually that i criticise all teams equally). perhaps those accusations might be because i tend to criticise more players than the normal person and dont look solely at averages?
just look carefully at the number of players there who average over 40 in test match cricket: ganguly,tendulkar, inzamam, youhana, hayden, ponting, vaughan and rudolph. you can stand by all you want, the fact that i occasionally defy convention and suggest something that belies statistics and the commentators makes people like you think im being biased 8-)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
TEC, if you are confused go and re-read your posts once again, you exonerate Alec Stewart, but claim that Gavaskar was involved in match fixing, You refuse to talk about the SA-Eng test match in SA but quick to claim that India-Pak series was fixed.You claim that Subcontinent pitches are flat tracks and most (if not all) subcontinent batsmen are FTBs. You support that hick's hype was justified but Pathan's not....there are just too much of BS you have been posting on the subcontinent....

I couldn't care less about Pontig Vs. Dravid...but just to point there is no comparison..First Ponting doesn't get to face a quality attack like Mcgrath, Warnie etc second he has to do something about his test avg. in India before he can be compared to DRAVID.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
TEC, if you are confused go and re-read your posts once again, you exonerate Alec Stewart, but claim that Gavaskar was involved in match fixing,
i have exonerated stewart where exactly?
no player can be completely exonerated, because there is no proof and it simply comes down to opinion as to who you think is involved and who isnt. nonetheless you'd expect people who've been found with money in their locker and have rumors running all around that they were one of the linchpins of match fixing to be suspected more than someone who jwas merely suspected

Sanz said:
You refuse to talk about the SA-Eng test match in SA but quick to claim that India-Pak series was fixed.
seriously do you READ AT ALL? im not even going to bother explaining it to you again, ive already done so, if you wish you can read it from one of my prior posts instead of conveniently clipping out whatever you want to reply to.

Sanz said:
You claim that Subcontinent pitches are flat tracks and most (if not all) subcontinent batsmen are FTBs..
yes because india has had 2 players- tendulkar and ganguly(who are the only 2 players who i've accused as being FTBs from india) in their entire history of test cricket is it? btw, just so you know , ive accused the following of being FTBs too: gayle, hayden and trescothick.
why not add that trio to your list? oh wait it makes you look like a fool as usual.....clip it out in your next post then.

Sanz said:
You support that hick's hype was justified but Pathan's not....there are just too much of BS you have been posting on the subcontinent....

AGAIN, THE BENEFITS OF READING. ive never ever claimed that hicks hype was justified, ive always stated clearly that hick's deserved SOME of his hype because he was a prodigy at the domestic level averaging 62 before his debut. pathan has been dismal in test,ODI and domestic cricket, do you see any reason for his hype at all?

Sanz said:
I couldn't care less about Pontig Vs. Dravid...but just to point there is no comparison..First Ponting doesn't get to face a quality attack like Mcgrath, Warnie etc second he has to do something about his test avg. in India before he can be compared to DRAVID.
exactly, it might take you a while to read that thats precisely why i think dravid is a better player than ponting, when i could so easily use bias in that instance. infact ive actually claimed on many many occasions that dravid is a better player than lara, which is something as biased as you are, that even you would think twice about saying something like that. but then again im racist period, and i have no option but to say that hes my favorite batsmen in the world today and rate him above lara.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
TEC, your explanations dont work with me.

Once again you ignored Stewart and brought up Gavaskar. Has any bookie ever claimed to have met Gavaskar or offered money to him ? NO

Has any bookie claimed that he offered money to Stewart ? YES. Case dismissed.

Has there been any doubt that India-Pak series was fixed - NO
Has there been any doubt that SA-ENG test was fixed, YES - Case dismissed

Have you claimed that Hick's hype was deserved - Yes
Have you Claimed that Pathan's hype was deserving - No Case Dismissed

Have you claimed that Tendulkar/Ganguly are FTBs - YES
Have you claimed that most subcontient pitches are flat Tracks - YES
Have you claimed that most money is in Subcontitnent and that's why match fixing takes place there - YES Case dismissed in all the above.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
TEC, your explanations dont work with me.

Once again you ignored Stewart and brought up Gavaskar. Has any bookie ever claimed to have met Gavaskar or offered money to him ? NO.

Has any bookie claimed that he offered money to Stewart ? YES. Case dismissed.
AGAIN how is saying the following:
'i have exonerated stewart where exactly?
no player can be completely exonerated, because there is no proof and it simply comes down to opinion as to who you think is involved and who isnt. nonetheless you'd expect people who've been found with money in their locker and have rumors running all around that they were one of the linchpins of match fixing to be suspected more than someone who jwas merely suspected'

even remotely suggest that ive ignored stewart?
when you learn to speak english, then we can argue further, until then you're making yourself look more and more foolish by the second.

Sanz said:
Has there been any doubt that India-Pak series was fixed - NO
Has there been any doubt that SA-ENG test was fixed, YES - Case dismissed
umm there has been plenty of doubt that that india-Pak series was fixed, except in your paranoid mind.
and why in the blue hell would anyone fix a dead rubber game?

Sanz said:
Have you claimed that Hick's hype was deserved - Yes
Have you Claimed that Pathan's hype was deserving - No Case Dismissed
exactly, hence as usual you've made yourself look like an idiot. dont stop yourself though, your doing a fabulous job of it.

Sanz said:
Have you claimed that Tendulkar/Ganguly are FTBs - YES
Have you claimed that most subcontient pitches are flat Tracks - YES

OMG CAN YOU READ ENGLISH AT ALL???????????????
ARE TENDULKAR AND GANGULY THE ONLY 2 PLAYERS TO EVER PLAY FOR INDIA???
if you think 2 out of the 500odd players who've played test cricket constitutes the word most, i suggest you start going to primary school.

Sanz said:
Have you claimed that most money is in Subcontitnent and that's why match fixing takes place there - YES Case dismissed in all the above.
yes so?
so if you claim anderson sucks, we should assume that you are racist and all you care about is making racist comments against white people.....
even the biggest fool knows that most money is in the subcontinent. surprise surprise every bookie caught so far has been from the sub continent. gee where would such a claim come from?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
Then why did they fine Mark Waugh ? Oh let me guess Indian bookie wanted to grow oranges somewhere on the cricket pitch and he contacted the weather men Waugh and Warne.
They didn't fine him for match-fixing or anything did they?

Sanz said:
Speaking of investigation, why dont you ask your pal to bring up the evidence he has about the Indo-Pak series in 1998-99. But no you will not do that, that would be asking for too much. Hypocrisy in full flow. Keep throwing your one liners. :-O
He isn't naming names - that is a big difference.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
marc71178 said:
No, they investigated it and found no evidence.
Actually, they found that Mark Waugh and Warne were involved with a bookie. Not exactly match fixing, but involvement with a bookie is a serious crime, IMHO. Surely, it is not entirely out of the question that those two threw in a few bad performances during the time to get some extra cash from the bookies. There is no evidence as yet, but it is definitely suspicious.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BTW, I think there was one match in the Windies when India needed something like 50 off the last 7 overs or so with 5 wickets or 6 wickets in hand and Azhar actually asked his partners to throw their bats around, when Sachin (the then captain) had asked everyone to stay put and take ones and twos as 7 an over is achievable that way. Azhar himself played a reckless shot and apparently, this was the last straw for Sachin. He then reportedly told the selectors that they had to choose between picking him or Azhar for the Independence Cup and of course, Azhar was duly dropped. Now all of the above is speculation, but I have read a few reports to this effect, in newspapers who claim these are taken out of the CBI report on this issue. Of course, the CBI didn't investigate about matches which took place outside India or the ones that didn't involve India.

C_C

International Captain
To add my two cents:
The subcontinent is NOT the biggest 'domain' of the bookies.
Subcontinent generates a lot of money due to revenues from cricket but in terms of individuals attending/throwing weight behind the games, the subcontinent pales in comparison to England or Sharjah....and the biggest/most rampant fixing was done in sharjah.nowt compares to sharjah.

C_C

International Captain

Again..it is a critical mistake to assume that sentencing or lack of it implies absolute justice since it assumes that every authority is a paragon of virtue.
Most of the matchfixing investigation was done by the CBI/CID in India.
To my knowledge, Warne,Mark Waugh,Boje,Gibbs etc. have refused to submit to questioning from the CID/CBI and the latter two have gone as far as not to tour IND over the issue.

To an observer, that is definately suspicious behaviour....extremely suspicious behaviour.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Yeah and OZ didn't murder his wife.. :p

marc71178 said:
He isn't naming names - that is a big difference.
Selective Dementia ?? he just named Sunil Gavaskar and has done it many times, Infact he is doing worse, he is naming entire sub-continent, he is talking about specific series... Really big difference which you cant see.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
AGAIN how is saying the following:
'i have exonerated stewart where exactly?
no player can be completely exonerated, because there is no proof and it simply comes down to opinion as to who you think is involved and who isnt. nonetheless you'd expect people who've been found with money in their locker and have rumors running all around that they were one of the linchpins of match fixing to be suspected more than someone who jwas merely suspected'
What nonsense are you on about. Once again you are assuming that the money found in his locker was match fixing money and those rumors about him being the lyinchpin must have been in your mind. Because the lynchpin who was actually a non-ASIAN died some years ago. Once again you ignore Stewart and his alledged link with the bookie. As for you claiming that No Player can be completely exonerated ?? Are you saying Don Bradman, Richard Hadlee etc were involved too ??

tooextracool said:
umm there has been plenty of doubt that that india-Pak series was fixed, except in your paranoid mind.and why in the blue hell would anyone fix a dead rubber game?
That doubt is there in your mind. Backup your claim or SHUT UP.

tooextracool said:
exactly, hence as usual you've made yourself look like an idiot. dont stop yourself though, your doing a fabulous job of it.
More name calling....

tooextracool said:
OMG CAN YOU READ ENGLISH AT ALL???????????????
ARE TENDULKAR AND GANGULY THE ONLY 2 PLAYERS TO EVER PLAY FOR INDIA???if you think 2 out of the 500odd players who've played test cricket constitutes the word most, i suggest you start going to primary school.
I am confused..are you saying that most Indian players are FTBs ??

tooextracool said:
so if you claim anderson sucks, we should assume that you are racist and all you care about is making racist comments against white people.....
even the biggest fool knows that most money is in the subcontinent. surprise surprise every bookie caught so far has been from the sub continent. gee where would such a claim come from?
No, because Anderson is no legend but a one/two match wonder. But If I Start doing it for most English batsman and call them FTBs. I start calling England the land of match fixers without any proof or claiming that Players from Grace to harmison have all fixed matches then yes I could be called BIASED.

As for your claim that every bookie who has been caught has been in the subcontinent. Is it possible because Indian Police is more efficient than the British police or that they are taking it more seriously than rest of the cricketing world. Is it possible that the reason bookies are not arrested in England because betting is legal there.

Speaking of 'EVERY' bookie arrested in subcontinent, have you ever heard the name 'SANJIV CHAWLA' ? Do you know where he was arrested ? Gee, LONDON(where Chawla was arrested) has become part of India and I am so ignorant.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
What nonsense are you on about. Once again you are assuming that the money found in his locker was match fixing money and those rumors about him being the lyinchpin must have been in your mind. Because the lynchpin who was actually a non-ASIAN died some years ago. Once again you ignore Stewart and his alledged link with the bookie. As for you claiming that No Player can be completely exonerated ?? Are you saying Don Bradman, Richard Hadlee etc were involved too ??
im saying that in terms of 'proof' there is no way you can state with any certainity that they werent involved. as far as Stewart is concerned, for the umpteenth time, read my post, or dont bother posting.

Sanz said:
That doubt is there in your mind. Backup your claim or SHUT UP.
Even though as ive said a million times, there is absolutely no way you can back your claim up with proof that any player fixed games?
get a dictionary.....

Sanz said:
More name calling.....
says the person whos called me every name from A to Z on here, including the word 'Racist', which no surprise that you've had problems with on this board before.

Sanz said:
I am confused..are you saying that most Indian players are FTBs ??
alright, for the last time. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS PUTTING THOSE WORDS ON MY KEYBOARD. I HAVE SAID THAT GANGULY AND TENDULKAR ARE FTBS, AND SINCE THAT CONSTITUTES NOT EVEN 0.5% OF INDIAS TEST PLAYERS ONLY A FOOL WOULD SAY THAT IVE CALLED MOST INDIAN PLAYERS FTBs. EVEN THE MOST IGNORANT PERSON WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT IVE CALLED MORE ENGLISH, AND AUSTRALIAN PLAYERS OVERRATED THAN INDIAN PLAYERS.

Sanz said:
No, because Anderson is no legend but a one/two match wonder. But If I Start doing it for most English batsman and call them FTBs.
except as ive said 1000000000000000000000000 times, i havent called 'most indian batsmen' FTBs.
and if you ever manage to learn some english, ive already called trescothick an FTB, and he averages over 40 in test match cricket.

Sanz said:
I start calling England the land of match fixers without any proof or claiming that Players from Grace to harmison have all fixed matches then yes I could be called BIASED.
no need for that, i think your bias couldnt be more obvious. i dont think you've ever even come close to praising a player outside the subcontinent.i've accused one indian player of being a match fixer, you named about a dozen players all over the world, and yet i didnt retaliate with words like 'racist'. if you still think that thats equivalent to claiming that every english player is a match fixer then be my guest, i couldnt bother with idiocy.

Sanz said:
As for your claim that every bookie who has been caught has been in the subcontinent. Is it possible because Indian Police is more efficient than the British police or that they are taking it more seriously than rest of the cricketing world. Is it possible that the reason bookies are not arrested in England because betting is legal there.

Speaking of 'EVERY' bookie arrested in subcontinent, have you ever heard the name 'SANJIV CHAWLA' ? Do you know where he was arrested ? Gee, LONDON(where Chawla was arrested) has become part of India and I am so ignorant.
ENGLISH? well done in trying to manipulate my posts to make it look like what you want it to look like. i clearly stated that every bookie caught has been FROM the subcontinent, not IN the subcontinent. and take a wild guess where sanjeev is from?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
take a wild guess where sanjeev is from?
LONDON. Just because he has an Indian name, he doesn't become an Indian. He has been living in London for more than 10 years now, running his business from there. He was caught there, he spoke to Cronje from there. And British Police didn't even deport to India. Indian Police is still seeking him for interrogation. So much for him being an Indian. 8-)

Anyways bookies are caught in India because betting on Cricket is illegal as opposed to England where most of the betting takes place.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
im saying that in terms of 'proof' there is no way you can state with any certainity that they werent involved. as far as Stewart is concerned, for the umpteenth time, read my post, or dont bother posting.
But you have the proof that Gavaskar was involvde in match fixing, You are sure that the money in his locker came from the matches he fixed. 8-) It's funny to see you on defensive when we talk about Stewart.

there is absolutely no way you can back your claim up with proof that any player fixed games?
So are you suggesting that no Player can be beyond Doubt, Including Bradman, Sobers etc as well ??

says the person whos called me every name from A to Z on here, including the word 'Racist', which no surprise that you've had problems with on this board before.
There is no name calling in that. You target subcontinet unnecessarily for some unknown reasons. You still can't back up any of your claims.

no need for that, i think your bias couldnt be more obvious. i dont think you've ever even come close to praising a player outside the subcontinent.i've accused one indian player of being a match fixer, you named about a dozen players all over the world, and yet i didnt retaliate with words like 'racist'. if you still think that thats equivalent to claiming that every english player is a match fixer then be my guest, i couldnt bother with idiocy.
I have not accused anyone, their names were disclosed by the bookies in the Match Fixing investigation. Some of them took money, their boards ran sham investigation and cleared them away. I dont need to name Indian Players involved in match fixing, all of us know who they are and what their fate was. Our board is not protecting any cheat involved in match fixing unlike some other boards. I remember recently two players opted out of their India tour for fear of being investigated by Indian Police.

As for me praising a non-sub continent player, You have no Idea. Here are a few who I admire. Gilchrist, Donald, Rhodes, Cairns, Astle, Trescothick, Waugh(both), Warne etc.