• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last batting place for the ashes?

twctopcat

International Regular
Mr Casson said:
It doesn't matter, because I 100% guarantee you he isn't up to keeping for an entire Test match - physically, mentally or technically.
Exactly, expecting to open and take wicket is too much.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
vvk said:
That's true, I think Thorpe's experience and composure will prove vital. He has a damn good track record as well. Bell, only being 22 can wait a couple of months.

BTW..the Trescothick's keeping standard...how high is it?
Just below Dravid.

Link

State Vice-Captain
I would like to see pietersen in the test team, but as mentioned before this brings about a somewhat unstable middle order. Pietersen needs to come in at three and if that does not work then vaughan and thorpe come in next. I think some people are caught in the hype of seeing pietersen and flintoff bat together.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Link said:
I would like to see pietersen in the test team, but as mentioned before this brings about a somewhat unstable middle order. Pietersen needs to come in at three and if that does not work then vaughan and thorpe come in next. I think some people are caught in the hype of seeing pietersen and flintoff bat together.
From what I hear, Pietersen is capable of controlling himself. He's got a peerless eye for the ball, so he's probably at his technical best when he's playing a few shots.

Link

State Vice-Captain
Mr Casson said:
From what I hear, Pietersen is capable of controlling himself. He's got a peerless eye for the ball, so he's probably at his technical best when he's playing a few shots.
same me, i didnt doubt that. i dont think its good to have too many of the same players in the same postion

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
vvk said:
Go with Peterson and Bell.
I think this is the lineup to face the Aussies:
Strauss
Tres
Bell/Thorpe
Vaughan
Pieterson
Flintoff
Jones
Giles
Hoggard
Jones
Harmison
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thorpe 12th man. Unheard of

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
twctopcat said:
I think that bell is a bit too young at 22ish and will eventually give way to Pietersen barring Bell showing brilliant form in the FC season and bang tests whilst KP would have to completely flop. No way would they leave Thorpe out though, it will be his last test series i think. It will line up like this prob:

Strauss
Trescothick
Vaughan
Thorpe
Pietersen
Flintoff
Jones
Giles
Hoggard
Jones
Harmison

With Bell slotting in once Thorpe has retired.
That is very likely to happen i.e. i agree with everythong that you said in that post.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Mr Casson said:
true that, the only time i am worried about Pietersen is when he is defending, he is much better attacking, or even looking hit a single every ball.

cameeel

International Captain
Maybe give Pieterson a try in the one dayers, then either in the ashes or a dead rubber if there is one

Link

State Vice-Captain
cameeel said:
Maybe give Pieterson a try in the one dayers, then either in the ashes or a dead rubber if there is one
why? what if he does good in a dead rubber. So who other than pitersen and what if they fail. Theres only one way to see how a player will perform and that is to give him an oppurtunity. Mighten i add, what better time then against the best