• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A bouncer from Tommo

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
its just more stupid aussie banter which i doubt any of them really believe to that extent, they just all seem to be so arrogant or ignorant of anything englaind do, although in fairness justin langer has been very sportting in his comments,

what tommo has just said is more trash in my opinion, we will see more in the coming weeks, im not sure how much of it the aussies belive themselves let alone anyone else.

more mental disintegration methinks, lets hope hes made to eat his words.

Langeveldt

Soutie
So it wasn't a rocket scientist who pointed Australia's superiority out to all of us.. Merely some tw*t haired crim... Nice one Thommo, your spot on, now go and take a seat..

Langeveldt

Soutie
sledger said:
is he actually spot on, seems like hes taken it a tad too far, silly man.
I need some convincing that he isn't spot on.. Hoggard isnt a net bowler, thats just rubbish.. but Im looking at 4-0? Depends on the weather maybe

South Africa used to be a much stronger side than they are now, and they were beaten 5-1 home and away?
England have progressed a long way without doubt, but Australia play a different game to everyone else in world cricket..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Langeveldt said:
I need some convincing that he isn't spot on.. Hoggard isnt a net bowler, thats just rubbish.. but Im looking at 4-0? Depends on the weather maybe

South Africa used to be a much stronger side than they are now, and they were beaten 5-1 home and away?
England have progressed a long way without doubt, but Australia play a different game to everyone else in world cricket..
i would like to think that england would be able to take at least one test of the aussies some way or another, after all the west indies did it when australia last toured there and they were no means a great side, of course they relied heavily on lara for a pivotal innings, but theyre bowlers were nothing special, i seem to remember lawson taking the majority of their wickets in the match that they won.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
england will probably win a test, but australia should wrap up the series pretty convincingly...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Right or wrong, Thommo is far from the sharpest knife in the box. I wouldn't take him too seriously, or let him anywhere near a commentary box ever again.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Ah well. He's paid to have an opinion, however outlandish, and can say what he likes. If England have any sense they'll laugh it off. They've let Aussie verbals cost them too many series.

howardj

International Coach
Everyone knows Tommo likes to portray a tough guy image. He's so full of **** and wind. Easier for him to just bash the Poms, rather than provide a considered, thoughtful analysis. Too much effort for Tommo.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Thommo and few other pundits are in for a surprise this Ashes series, and I feel some are putting themselves at the front of the queue to eat humble pie !! :laugh:

Slow Love™

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
From the BBC website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4437317.stm

We're ****e; Australia are great & will embarrass us. He's especially (& unduly TBH) harsh on Hoggy.

Is he for real or is this just part of the long, tedious mental disintegration process? 8-)
Thommo's own "mental disintegration process" has been pretty long and tedious, given that he started out as "simple" and is working on reaching "dumb as f**k".

No offence to Thommo intended. :)

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Well, he has a point.

Particularly the bit about comparing the players, putting the players head to head against each other, they would probably only win one spot, as Australia have no match for Andy Flintoff (sorry but Watson is a tad too crap)

howardj

International Coach
tassietiger said:
Well, he has a point.

Particularly the bit about comparing the players, putting the players head to head against each other, they would probably only win one spot, as Australia have no match for Andy Flintoff (sorry but Watson is a tad too crap)
I'd rather Strauss to Hayden, at present. I'd also rather an Englishman to Clarke.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Hoggard isnt a net bowler, thats just rubbish..
And funnily enough, he didn't actually say that, he just said he was one compared to McGrath and Kasprowicz.
Which, while a touch on the exaggerative side, has something in it.