• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Friday Kasteni 100* on debut in Logan Cup

Chubb

International Regular
I just looked up the Logan Cup (Zimbabwe 1st Class Competition) scorecards for the last round and saw that a couple of days ago in Kwekwe 17-year-old Friday Kasteni scored 100* out of a Midlands total of 251a/o. He wasn't facing too bad an attack either- Chris Mpofu, Tawanda Mupariwa, Gavin Ewing, Greg Strydom, and Keith Dabengwa were playing for Matabeleland. I think that's a pretty special performance on debut; and at only just 17 (birthday in March) it must be a new Zimbabwe record.

Anyone interested in the Logan Cup, here are the results:

Manicaland 398a/o (S, Matsikenyeri 80, J.Marumisa 71) and 78 a/o (Marumisa 41, W Mwayenga 3-36, A. Blignaut 3-18) lost to Mashonaland, 462a/o (T. Taibu 151, E. Chigumbura 73) and 16-0, by ten wickets

Midlands, 251a/o (F. Kasteni 100*, C. Wishart 68, C. Mpofu 4-58, G. Strydom 4-40) and 267a/o (C. Wishart 69, I. Chinyoka 45, C. Mpofu 2-58, T. Mupariwa 4-63) lost to Matabeleland 360a/o (K. Dabengwa 161, T. Hove 113, A. Ireland 4-87, I. Nicolson 4-62) and 159-5 (S. Williams 47, Strydom 45*, D. Marillier 2-34) by five wickets

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah it does look promising.

I hear he can also keep wicket, so he seems to be a decent young player.

Also good to see people like Marillier and Wishart coming back. They should be very good for the domestic comp.

Chubb

International Regular
I reckon Zimbok cricket is Aussie 1st Grade Standard- I'd like to see a 16-year-old player score a hundred on debut there, when all his experienced allies have failed except a national player, against a testing attack.

He'd have to be something a bit special, if not the next Tendulkar. That's why I posted about it.

Langeveldt

Soutie
To be fair I could have scored 30-40 odd when I was 17 in the Logan Cup.. The standard being below that of most leading club competitions.. I wouldnt be surprised if the preparation of the national players leaves a lot to be desired, hence the lack of performance..

See if he can score 100 in the Pura cup or CC..