• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forgotten Players

Blaze

Banned
This thread is for people to put forward players who have played international cricket and have since disapered from the international scene and so people from that country can possibly tell us what happened to them and if they are still in the frame for selection some time down the track

There are so many from England it is unbelievable.. off the top of my head

A Hollioke
A Tudor
R Croft
C White
D Cork
J Foster

Many more which i will post later

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Claude Henderson - Kolpakked
Thami Tsolekeile - Dropped
Robbie Peterson - Dropped
Justin Ontong - Dropped
Mornantau Hayward - ??
Mfuneko Ngam - Long term injury
Charl Willoughby - Dropped
Dewald Pretorius - Dropped
David Terbrugge - Severely unlucky!
Dale Steyn - Dropped
Hashim Amla - Dropped
Adam Bacher - Dropped
Martin van Jaarsveld - Kolpakked

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
vinod kambli, vijay bhardwaj, chris adams, greg blewett, mohammad akram and a few others around the cricketing world

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
A Hollioke - retired from all cricket at the end of last season
A Tudor - just moved from Surrey to Essex in a bid to revive his career- took 2-30 on debut today.
R Croft - still playing for Glamorgan, batting better than bowling as of late
C White - Yorkshire's captain, 35 now, injuries ruined his career really
D Cork - moved to Lancashire last season, getting on a bit and his pace isnt what it was, quite dissapointing last season
J Foster - averaged over 50 last year, scoring over 1000 runs, but there are others ahead of him in the queue

BoyBrumby

Englishman
A genuinely forgotten man is Mark Lathwell. He played a couple of tests against the Aussies back in 1993, but had drifted out of the first class game by the age of 30. Last heard of as a postman in Somerset.

Aftab Habib's time in the spotlight was pretty brief too, his average technique was shown up @ test level (he leaves a big gap between bat & pad) & was released by Essex last year, although (IIRC) Leicestershire have signed him up again.

Paul Franks from Notts played one ODI as long ago as 2000 & was injured soon after never to be called on again. At 26 he's young enough to get another go in theory, but is rarely mentioned as a possible nowadays. He's half-decent with the bat too, which Dunc always likes so you never know....

dinu23

International Debutant
Asanka Gurusinghe - retired 'cause of internal politics
Roshan Mahanama - same
Sajeewa De Silva - dropped
Pulasti Gunaratne - dropped
Prabath Nissanka - injured

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sujith Somasundar
Deep Das Gupta

And here's hoping that Parthiv gets into that list.......

Who am I kidding, though? :(

dinu23

International Debutant
what about SS Das? is he still playing. I remember him when he toured SL. but after that didn't see him.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Kerry Walmsley from New Zealand seems to be another, a decent player who only appeared in two or three test matches for the Kiwis.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Su'a playing golf in Tasmania? some would say he's unfortunate to live in Tasmania, but then again it's probably better than what I thought he would have been doing these days.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Adam Parore said this weekend that Walmsley, Brooke Walker & Aaron Barnes are all set to retire from cricket.
That will definately free up some spots for new talent to come through. Walker has been holding down the spinners spot for ages, mainly because he was Captain..I don't really know of any other spinners of note around Auckland though.
Apparently there's a guy in the Auckland U19 team who ain't too bad...I think his name is Jason Donnelly, if i recall correctly.