Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: good article on lara v. tendulkar

Quote Originally Posted by Sehwag309
    [B]He is not a James Bond. When he becomes James Bond, I'll still complain about him not being Superman. Even if he becomes both, I'll complain.
    superman! huh...you don't know what you are talking about, he is God!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

U19 Vice-Captain
    Lara is aging better than sachin. If they both finish their careers like this then lara will no doubt end up as being the better player. Sachin is currently having the same lull that lara had in the late 90s and he will need to have a resurgence like lara has had in the last 3 years if he is to be rated better than him.

Apart from a few big tonnes tendulkar has sucked since 2003. Hes been the 3rd best batsmen in his team since then.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow
    Lara is aging better than sachin. If they both finish their careers like this then lara will no doubt end up as being the better player. Sachin is currently having the same lull that lara had in the late 90s and he will need to have a resurgence like lara has had in the last 3 years if he is to be rated better than him.

Apart from a few big tonnes tendulkar has sucked since 2003. Hes been the 3rd best batsmen in his team since then.
    He will be back i have no doubt about that

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    I'm also of the opinion they can't be separated. I'll just re-iterate what I've said on this before; Lara is the ultimate stylist whereas Sachin is the ultimate technician. If they were artists, Sachin would give you a perfect rendering of an amazing landscape with exquisite attention to the most minute detail. Lara would paint you an impressionist picture of a child in Iraq, kick it over and then unrinate on it to make a poltical point about American imperialist aggression.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    I'm also of the opinion they can't be separated. I'll just re-iterate what I've said on this before; Lara is the ultimate stylist whereas Sachin is the ultimate technician. If they were artists, Sachin would give you a perfect rendering of an amazing landscape with exquisite attention to the most minute detail. Lara would paint you an impressionist picture of a child in Iraq, kick it over and then unrinate on it to make a poltical point about American imperialist aggression.
    What's unrination?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    "I'll take 'Pedantic English Moderators' for $500, Ken"

Quote Originally Posted by dro87
    i reckon Tendulkar is a better batsman than Lara... Both have great records... But Tendulkar is much more enterteining to watch... Plus he makes it look so easy... And is always in control of his shots...
    what doesn't lara make it look easy as well, but its a waste of arguing who is better i think lara is others will think the same and otherwise, no doubt both will go down in history has alltime greats but at this stage i give lara the edge

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    That's one of the more colourful extended metaphors I've read lately....

Lara for me, BTW; no more glorious sight in cricket than Brian Charles in full flow with his wonderfully exaggerated backlift. Sachin more orthodox and less prone to sulks, but you don't see him utterly flay an attack like Lara does.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

this is a pretty neat piece topcat, makes me want to cry

Judging by the opinions of many on this forum (not this thread), Tendulkar is in danger of becoming one of the most underrated players in cricket.

Unfortunately for him, he has suffered from a debilitating injury for more than 12 months and naturally, when combined with his age, his performances have suffered.

I look forward to seeing him recapture some magic so that the more naive posters amongst us can be reminded of why he is held in such high esteem by the greats of the game.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Yeah agreed Social. It's amazing how some people have such short term memory, not too long ago Tendulkar was ripping apart Shane Warne and other top international bowlers. At one time he was the most feared batsman in world cricket.

Everybody goes through a bad patch, and for Tendulkar this bad patch was very much overdue. From 1989 up until 2002, one can say he was at the peak of his powers. Thats a long time to be consistently in top form. I think the form slump was overdue and Im confident that he will be back to an extent, but with his injury and age and all that time playing the game, I dont think he'll ever be the player he once was.
    Last edited by masterblaster; 09-04-2005 at 08:48 PM.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Banned
    Its all in the Mind, I guess he is trying to fight his own demons. Amazingly he could still manage a mere 248* v.s Bangladesh recently even in this bad patch

Luck also plays a big role, Sehwag seems to have lot of that

Banned
    Both great batsmen but I'd say Lara is better.
    REally though the argument is old As Ricky Ponting is a better batsman than them both imo.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psxpro
    REally though the argument is old As Ricky Ponting is a better batsman than them both imo.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    I rate Lara over Sachin by a teeny tiny bit in Tests and Sachin over Lara in ODIs by the same teeny tiny bit.

BTW, in that article the author said something about Lara not sweeping the spinners........Sorry, but has the guy ever watched Lara bat? I have seen him sweep and sweep the best amongst all left handers since the day he started out in test cricket. The only shot he doesn't play is the reverse sweep and that is because he has all the other shots and perhaps doesn't need it to score against the spinners...

P.S: To me, Lara is easily amongst the best batters to watch in world cricket, if not the best.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information