• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh U 19s in Australia

Kasper

Banned
Well the Bangladesh under 19s commence a tour of Queensland next tuesday with a youth ODI against the Aussies. They play three ODI's and then travel north playing the Sunshine Coast, Regional QAS in Maryborough and Regional QAS and Tropical North Queensland in Townsville.

Apparently they want to get more match practice in different conditions to those back home. Last years Bangladesh team actually beat the Australians at the Under 19 World Cup...seems odd that they would play the hardest matches first. Would've been smarter to go the other way and build up for the ODI's I though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
the aussie u/19 squad (still about 25) are up there for a camp, so it would have just been scheduling (getting them up there during uni/school hols??) with the three one dayers at the start.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm planning to go to one of the ODI's, it's on the 13th of April in Brisbane but I don't know the exactly venue. I called up Allan Border Field and left a message on their answering machine. Does anyone have the fixtures?

Don

State Vice-Captain
i wanna play for bangladesh U-19.

and the windies wonder why our cricket is decling look at all the tours thes youth sides are on do u hear of this in teh WI nope.go Banga

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Don said:
i wanna play for bangladesh U-19.

and the windies wonder why our cricket is decling look at all the tours thes youth sides are on do u hear of this in teh WI nope.go Banga
Do you have any idea how good the Bangladesh u19's are? You're a keeper right, Mushfiqur Rahim is a great keeper. You were probably kidding but if you're not then give up hopes now

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Kasper said:
James90, the ODI's are Tuesday and Wednesday next week at Allan Border field.
That's what I thought but I've looked everywhere for the venue so I'm wondering what your source is. Anyway, that's a LOT!

Kasper

Banned
I have the full itinerary...I got it sent to me when I got invited to play for one of the sides.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
He's 100% Aussie, but serves as the forum's token Bangladesh diehard - not sure why, he's a strange child.
Thanks mate, I've always thought of you as completely sane :lol:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Just returned home from Souths. Bangladesh u19 wrapped up the series 2-0. I had some good conversation's with Bangladesh coach Richard McInnes and was impressed by Mushfiqur Rahim and Nazmul Hossain Milon.

Bangladesh 7/199 d Australia 140ish

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Go Bangladesh go...
Three wins in a row against Australia U-19 team. Surely quite an achievement.

James90 said:
Just returned home from Souths. Bangladesh u19 wrapped up the series 2-0. I had some good conversation's with Bangladesh coach Richard McInnes and was impressed by Mushfiqur Rahim and Nazmul Hossain Milon.

Bangladesh 7/199 d Australia 140ish

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
crickmate said:
Go Bangladesh go...
Three wins in a row against Australia U-19 team. Surely quite an achievement.
it was only two :P and the aussies still haven't picked their team, still have a squad of 20. still, bangas were far too good.

they would have loved it, the bangaladesh boys. come to australia and get to play on a raging turner. aussies didn't know what to do against doosras and balls turning square.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
vic_orthdox said:
it was only two :P and the aussies still haven't picked their team, still have a squad of 20. still, bangas were far too good.

they would have loved it, the bangaladesh boys. come to australia and get to play on a raging turner. aussies didn't know what to do against doosras and balls turning square.
World Cup Plate Final. That's Three.