• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Rules

Natman20

International Debutant
I heard comentators talking about some team a few years ago practising with the ball after the ball had been bowled or it was lunch or something and it crossed the boandry rope and was counted as a 4.

Has anything else weird like this happen?

psxpro

Banned
When Mcmillan didn't walk when given out by the umpire, the umpire put his finger up, macca ignored. play on.
Wierd

vvk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
WOW...who was the umpire involved? It's amazing how a player can so blatantly ignore the official's decision in a test match situation.

deeps

International 12th Man
psxpro said:
When Mcmillan didn't walk when given out by the umpire, the umpire put his finger up, macca ignored. play on.
Wierd

when did that happeN??? what did the opposition do? can some1 plz explain that situation propelry

Dydl

International Debutant
And the umpire just let McMillan continue his innings????!!!!!! Now that is weird! Interested to see who the umpire was.....................

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If that really happened, the umpire should have been stripped of international and FC duties immediately... regardless of reputation. That's unacceptable.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
If that really happened, the umpire should have been stripped of international and FC duties immediately... regardless of reputation. That's unacceptable.
Not if he changed his mind willingly and just let things carry on to make it look less suspect (didn't do a good job if that's the case though, eh? :D)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr Casson said:
Not if he changed his mind willingly and just let things carry on to make it look less suspect (didn't do a good job if that's the case though, eh? :D)
That's blatantly unfair and against the rules then. He gave the batsman out. He raised the finger.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
That's blatantly unfair and against the rules then. He gave the batsman out. He raised the finger.
Other batsmen have been given out and come back for one reason or another. Have you called for the ump's head then?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr Casson said:
Other batsmen have been given out and come back for one reason or another. Have you called for the ump's head then?
Once the umpire has raised the finger, yes.

the_pakalypse

Cricket Spectator
Nnanden said:
Echoed!

What the doodle?!
It was Aus vs NZ 2004/05, i think it was in 5th odi... Mcmillan drived the ball, Andrew Symonds dived and caught it.. David Shepard put his finger up.. McMillan didnt move.. Australians just stood there.. Game went on :blink:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
"Producing his side's best batting performance, McMillan hulked 63 from 69 balls in an innings that could have ended when Andrew Symonds caught him at cover. Shepherd appeared to give McMillan out, but he held his ground and doubt swept over the ground."

Cricinfo

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I thought they were allowed to reverse the decision so long as it was fairly immediate?

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
I thought they were allowed to reverse the decision so long as it was fairly immediate?
I don't agree with that if it is the ruling. Besides, it seems like Shep reversed it based on McMillan's opinion of the situation.

Natman20

International Debutant
I heard somewhere that if the ball is hit at the umpire and it bounces off and is caught, the batter will be out. Is that correct.