• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Womens World Cup Final Post

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
ahan name some indian players from the back of ur mind hehe jus kiddin ,course they deserve one

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
geeeez do these australians have this game covered or what, the women are just following the men in the dominace in the world cricket

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
I hope at least the indian women's team will win a world cup. I've heard a lot abt the captain, her name's Mithali, averages 70 in test matches--NOT BAD

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
aussie said:
geeeez do these australians have this game covered or what, the women are just following the men in the dominace in the world cricket
hold on there dude..india might be the ones who end up winning this tournament so u cant say they're the best as of now...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
shoot_me said:
hold on there dude..india might be the ones who end up winning this tournament so u cant say they're the best as of now...
well on my recent memory australia's women beat india quite convincingly in an ODI series last november & they have looked quite invincible so if india are going to win they have got to play extremely well

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
aussie said:
well on my recent memory australia's women beat india quite convincingly in an ODI series last november & they have looked quite invincible so if india are going to win they have got to play extremely well
It was 4-3 last time I checked...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
although the last 2 were dead rubbers.

interestingly given the proliferation of short overs in the womens world cup, in the 5th ODI (which was coincidentally the 500th womens ODI) N David bowled 11 overs, thats a future quiz question i ever saw one.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
It was 4-3 last time I checked...
it was similar to australia's men in the caribbean in 2003 when australia had already won the series then WI won the last 3 games & the series result looked close but didn't reflect how convincingly australia had won. Similarly with AUS women in IND last november

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Australia by 14 runs
Australia by 3 wickets (0.4 overs left)
India by 6 wickets (5.5 overs)
Australia by 8 wickets (5.1 overs)
Australia by 32 runs
India by 5 wickets (1.4 overs)
India by 88 runs

So convincing (!)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Australia by 14 runs
Australia by 3 wickets (0.4 overs left)
India by 6 wickets (5.5 overs)
Australia by 8 wickets (5.1 overs)
Australia by 32 runs
India by 5 wickets (1.4 overs)
India by 88 runs

So convincing (!)
well not has much has the men but pretty much, the series was won by australia but then the indian women won the last 2 dead rubber games, and neil its womens cricket you dont see much one sided especially between the two major sides IND & AUS maybe convincing wasn't the correct term i would say australia won well enough then

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That sentence doesn't make any sense... India and Australia are by no means the two major sides, it has been NZ and Australia recently, with India fast-improving. Even so, if you don't see much one-sided, then it's nothing like invincible.

Australia 65-35 India for me.

Blaze

Banned
Neil Pickup said:
That sentence doesn't make any sense... India and Australia are by no means the two major sides, it has been NZ and Australia recently, with India fast-improving. Even so, if you don't see much one-sided, then it's nothing like invincible.

And thats about the ratio between Aus and NZ for the last final and NZ won

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:

well india have beaten the aussie women more than nz in last four years thats why even though nz probaly are right up their with australia, india have given them more of a challenge

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Clark was plumb. Plumbdiddly, in fact.

For someone with her reputation in women's cricket, I think that may come back to haunt the Indians.

This Jhulan Goswami isn't a bad looker, either! :D

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
Who quoted that ratio before the last final?

No one.. why did they have to?

Australia had been dominant against NZ leading up to the tournament though and were clear faviourtes so a 65-35 ratio was quite fair IMO